Home
I could use some help. I have a Savage 1899 in 300 Savage I inherited and would like to sell (not a real sentimental person I guess, even less of a collector), but I know next to nothing about these guns. It's had some bling added to it, which I'm sure doesn't add to the value. But if y'all could tell me a little about what I have here and what it might be worth to someone else, I'd be very appreciative.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6bhPoe82tS4u7aE67

Thanks in advance!
Dood. That thing is bad f'n ass. Hanging way out here but I'd be all over that. Value isn't there due to wear but coolness factors off the charts.
Agreed!

That’s freaking awesome
Yes, it sure is unique. The sight alone is probably worth a couple hundred. I would say a $1000 probably is in the ballpark.
Nothing is original. So your looking for someone willing to pay for what it is. Coins and compasses are generally detractors. Tang sight is a c-note, rear sight is from a model 23, elevator is Winchester. Top wood is custom add-on, and appears secured with screw tapped into the sight? If tapped into barrel, there's another detractor.
The fact its was a T/D is negated by the top wood addition. One more thing to remove to operate as intended.
You ain't gonna retire on it. Price it as a shooter. Half a yard, yard maybe.
Maxwell I just sent you a PM.

Thanks!
That is pretty cool! Obviously not a "collectible" but a much loved, and used, deer rifle from a previous generation. Indian head pennies............pretty fitting for a Savage!
This is a unique rifle
I believe I have seen that gun before. Price it like you want to sell it. You won't retire on it.
© 24hourcampfire