Home
Posted By: dhaulk winchester ranger 30-30 - 07/02/07
I just bought this gun from a friend and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it. Like is this a model 94 because it doesn't say it just says ranger. Also I would like to get a williams peep site but the only ones I found are for side eject or top eject with ramp front site. Also someone told me the top eject ejects the shell straight up and back and he said mine is an angle eject cause it ejects out at a 45 degree angle. If that is the case then would it be possible to mount a scope and if so what kind of mounts would I need?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mohawk Re: winchester ranger 30-30 - 07/02/07
Your Ranger is definitally a model 94. The Ranger is just the "utilitarian" grade model 94 with cheaper wood. It is an angle eject so it will accept both a scope or a reciever sight.
If you go with a reciever sight you just need to specify one for an angle eject.

As far as scope rings most manufactures make them for the angle eject 94.

I have a Ranger with a Williams Foolproof reciever sight and love it. It is very fun and cheap to shoot.
Posted By: lucky_7 Re: winchester ranger 30-30 - 07/02/07
yes my friend, the win ranger in a m94ae or win94 side eject. On my daughters there is 4 small screws for scope bases. 2 on the hump and 2at rear near the hammer. The bases are special. weaver makes a set. i think midway sells them. my daught loves hers. Dave
Posted By: dhaulk Re: winchester ranger 30-30 - 07/02/07
OK thanks alot for the info the wife will be pleased to know that we can mount a scope. I got this gun mainly for her so we could do some target shooting. At most about 250yds. this is the first gun she has ever shot and she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn 50yds shocked at least not yet.
Posted By: like2shoot Re: winchester ranger 30-30 - 07/03/07
dhaulk, I sent you a PM on a Williams sight. Look or the flashing envelope next to My Stuff on the tool bar at the top of your screen.
© 24hourcampfire