Home
Is there a way of installing adjustable peep sites on this without any modifications? I do not want to ruin the value.
Vintage Model 94 rifles were drilled and tapped on the left side of the receiver to accept a receiver (peep) sight. Yours should have two small screws in the holes. Simply remove those plug screws and mount the sight of your choice. Both Williams and Lyman make good ones and they are readily available.
Will this work?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=716636
I have used the Lyman 66 on several pre-64 M94's and the Lyman 56 (vintage) on a WIN M71. Another nice sight is the Redfield #70-E or #80-E for the M94 if you can find one, I like them slightly better but vintage is all you can get. If the pre-64's are pre-WW-II they will not be drilled and tapped for a receiver sight (cannot remember the exact date without looking it up).

[Linked Image]
Thank you Colonel~!
I have a 1950 mfg. Model 94 that is not drilled and tapped. I wish it was because I can't shoot well with standard iron sights on a 20" barrel. I don't really want to drill and tap it. I may change my mind later.
My M94 is a post-64 that I bought as a young teenager.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Marc
I have a 1950 mfg. Model 94 that is not drilled and tapped. I wish it was because I can't shoot well with standard iron sights on a 20" barrel. I don't really want to drill and tap it. I may change my mind later.

I hope mine is drilled and tapped!
Both of my Model 94 rifles are mid 1950s vintage. Both are D&T'ed. I don't know when Winchester started doing that.
I just looked it up in my Renneberg book (1st Ed.) on the Model 94. The factory drilling of side mount peep sight holes began around serial number 1,940,000 (early 1953). The carbine in the picture above was made in 1953 (serial number 1,951,XXX) and is an early example of the M94 with the factory drilled holes. The receiver holes were drilled in the receiver by the factory until the Angle Eject feature was added in the Post-64 era (1983, around serial number 5,200,000).
Just went browsing and found the ad for your carbine; it is mfg in 1959, you will have the factory receiver holes drilled and tapped.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...e_64_Winchester_Model_94_32_#Post5383939
I've got a pre-war 94 that was factory D&T for a tang peep sight.

This is another great option.

Virgil B.
Thanx fellas

I use electrician's tape between the sight and receiver when mounting sights. Trimmed to be invisible under the sight, it helps prevent the sight from rubbing the blue off the receiver.
Something else may work even better.

My 1955 M64 is drilled and tapped, as was my 1954 M94, so they started not too long after 1950 for the reciever sights.
Good input guys....
© 24hourcampfire