Home
Posted By: Doug S Just checking in---Hi - 02/06/01
Hi,<P>It's about time someone started a levergun board. Whoever said they started it to keep us from poluting the rifle boards is right on the money. Those bolt/semi guys have no sense of humor when we tell them they have the wrong gun-just kidding.<P>C-ya around<P>D
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: Just checking in---Hi - 02/07/01
Doug... welcome. I too used to polute my life with bolt actions, including custom made rifles, that I finally figured out what happiness really is... leverguns rule! [Linked Image] ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: Doug S Re: Just checking in---Hi - 02/07/01
Rusty,<P>Thanks for the welcome, I'll confess to owning a couple of bolt guns, Dad's Rem 721/.270 and a 243 I use for long range varmits. Here's how I see it, a bolt action is like a sparkplug wrench, when you really need one, you need it, so you use it and then toss it back in the tool box(gun safe) until next time you need it(not all that often for me). For me, leverguns are just more fun, plinking or hunting.<P>D
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: Just checking in---Hi - 02/07/01
Doug... speaking of 721 in 270, I had one from my older brother! Had it converted into a 338-06 AI as a custom rifle, made to my specifications. Horse traded it to my best friend. <BR>I like leverguns, but have never owned one til a few years ago, a Marlin 45-70, which I sold a few weeks ago. I have a new stainless M92 45LC coming in a day or two. The wait is torture! After I get it , it will be torcher! ~~~Suluuq
© 24hourcampfire