Home
Posted By: Doug S Need a Marlin part - 02/06/01
Hi,<P>I bought a used Marlin 92 in .38/.357 a few years ago, real nice shooter, even with lead. The previous owner took a file to the front of the elevator for some reason and I have to load the 38's real long or it will jam, work the lever slow and it still jams. Anyone know where I can order a new one, I'd like to find one cheaper than Marlin if possible.<P>Thanks<BR>D
Posted By: levergunz Re: Need a Marlin part - 02/07/01
Hi Doug and welcome.Did you try gunpartscorp.com I know they stock lots of parts.Worth a try if you haven't.~~~~~tom
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: Need a Marlin part - 02/07/01
Did the previous owner file it thinner? If thinner, then fill the space thicker with JB Weld, and file lower it til it feeds well. Or solder a metal spacer, and file til it feeds well. Disregard this post if I failed to understand. ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: Doug S Re: Need a Marlin part - 02/07/01
Rusty, <P>He filed it shorter, can see the file marks on it. It catches on the round in the mag tube on it's way up. 357's work OK because they are long enough to hold the round in the mag tube in far enough for the elevator to clear. Hard to descibe but it's too short.<P>Levergunz<P>Thanks, I always forget about that place because when I order, I have to wait a week or longer to find out if they have it. I'll give them a call.<P>D
© 24hourcampfire