Home
If so I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks ahead of time fellas...
I would love to hear as well
I don't own one, but I have handled one at length.

I am a blued and wood guy by nature, but that may change. The silver mat steel and black finished wood is very well done, and Henry holds that it is more durable than stainless. I don't doubt it. I was very impressed. It is one sexy rifle, without the cheap feel of stainless and polymer. Very nice.
Frontiersman I'm a functionality nut and being a lefty with one right son, one lefty son and one son on the fence an ambidextrous, indestructible rifle really appeals to me too!
Usually, I feel compromise when I look at stainless and polymer. They are rough and rugged, but just not that appealing.

It's not that way at all with the Henry all weather. It is a Cadillac of durability.
I have one, nicer finish than my stainless 1895. Heavy though. If I could only have one it would be tough not choose it.

[Linked Image]
Thats a beautiful collection Warpig......Hb
Don't be fooled. The Henry All Weather is not an all weather rifle. It is chrome plating on the surface. No plating in the bore where the real protection is needed. Here where I live & hunt the weather can be very cold & wet. An unprotected bore can rust. A real all weather rifle has at least a stainless barrel. When you get ready to hunt you need to remove all oil from the bore plus shoot a fouling shot.If you don't the first shot out of an oiled bore can be way off. With my stainless barreled rifles I shoot a couple fouling shots before I go to hunting camp . Then I can hunt for days knowing my stainless Bbl. will significantly resist rust. I have seen carbon steel rust over night in a snowy hunting camp.I contacted Henry about their so called All Weather rifle& just got all kinds of excuses . Stainless cost more, but you get what you pay for.I think Henry makes a decent product but to call it all weather it needs to be stainless or at least a chrome plated bore.
Originally Posted by Hesp
Don't be fooled. The Henry All Weather is not an all weather rifle. It is chrome plating on the surface. No plating in the bore where the real protection is needed. Here where I live & hunt the weather can be very cold & wet. An unprotected bore can rust. A real all weather rifle has at least a stainless barrel. When you get ready to hunt you need to remove all oil from the bore plus shoot a fouling shot.If you don't the first shot out of an oiled bore can be way off. With my stainless barreled rifles I shoot a couple fouling shots before I go to hunting camp . Then I can hunt for days knowing my stainless Bbl. will significantly resist rust. I have seen carbon steel rust over night in a snowy hunting camp.I contacted Henry about their so called All Weather rifle& just got all kinds of excuses . Stainless cost more, but you get what you pay for.I think Henry makes a decent product but to call it all weather it needs to be stainless or at least a chrome plated bore.

Hard chrome is more weather resistant than stainless, and wears a helluva lot better. You can't scratch hard-chrome without working hard at it, but stainless scratches easily enough.
© 24hourcampfire