Home
Posted By: DaBuckHunt Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/09/18
Just picked up this gun locally. I know it's not a collector but I would like to have a better idea of the date of manufacturer.
All the resources I'm finding online don't seem to go this high in serial numbers. If anyone knows where to look I'd love to be pointed in the right direction!

It is a pre safety model, which from what I've read is more desired. Very good condition too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Youper Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/09/18
I've never seen that configuration. How long is the barrel? Is it stamped Winchester?
Posted By: K1500 Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/09/18
Around 1985 give or take a year.
Posted By: DaBuckHunt Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/10/18
Without measuring I'd say 20".

[Linked Image]

Based on what I've seen I figured it to be early 80s.

Shot it today for the first time. First 3 at 100 off a bench. Gotta say I'm happy with that given the front bead covered most of that target!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/10/18
Early to mid 80’s.
Posted By: Frontiersman Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/12/18
It'll get the job done.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 10/20/18
Mine starts with 548++++. It's an 1984 Ranger 30-30. Mine does not have the extended barrel tho. Kinda cool.
These are the same as a Mod 94 except sights[?] I believe. I like mine. Possibly no half cock hammer. Mine does not.
Posted By: Mak Re: Winchester Ranger 94 - 11/15/18
Looks like one of the "Long Rifles" that were made up to the 90s. Not all that common, last one to catch my eye had the rebounding hammer, but no push button safety. Also had a very rough receiver spray painted black by a shade tree gunsmith. Nope, didn't take it home.
© 24hourcampfire