Home
Posted By: Frontiersman Winchester 94 DOM - 02/16/19
I picked up a Winchester 94 in .30-30 today. Hardly a rare item, but the price was right and in 98% condition, it followed me home.

It's not my first Winchester, but I tend to drift toward Marlins and it was a bit in the dark other than knowing a button safety was 90s and newer.

I was surprised I can't find a date of manufacture source online. It's probably a 90s manufacture, but is there a source online that I can pinpoint it a little finer?

Thanks.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Winchester 94 DOM - 02/17/19
Originally Posted by Frontiersman
I picked up a Winchester 94 in .30-30 today. Hardly a rare item, but the price was right and in 98% condition, it followed me home.

It's not my first Winchester, but I tend to drift toward Marlins and it was a bit in the dark other than knowing a button safety was 90s and newer.

I was surprised I can't find a date of manufacture source online. It's probably a 90s manufacture, but is there a source online that I can pinpoint it a little finer?

Thanks.

Give this a try if you haven't already.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php?file=win1894.dat
Posted By: Frontiersman Re: Winchester 94 DOM - 02/17/19
They all seem to drop off about the time the AE came out.

Funny how Ruger can have a list of SN with dates on their website, but the rest of the manufacturers seem to think it's a state secret.

It can't be that hard to make the database available to the public.

I think it's at the end of Winchester production.
Posted By: JBLEDSOE Re: Winchester 94 DOM - 02/19/19

If you will post the serial numbers first three digits someone can give you the year of mfg.
© 24hourcampfire