Home
Posted By: johnw Carbine Carry Case? - 05/02/19
All of my cases are too long and ill shaped for my new-to-me Marlin carbines.

Recommendations? Prefer under $50 or so...
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/02/19
Everything that I see online is either 50 inches long and made for a scoped rifle or rectangular in shape with 16 mag pockets and intended for the AR platform.

Hoping to find a light somewhat slender fabric or synthetic tapered carry case with a short zipper.
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/02/19
And I want a brown duck Jones cap too...
Posted By: WillARights Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/03/19
...IDK...like this maybe?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NcStar-Gun-Case-VISM-G2906-Hunting-Tactical-Rifle-Bag-Carrying-Black-Tan-NEW/263780830460?hash=item3d6a900cfc:m:m_9NpzuEDr7Yqy2LS8d2AdQ

http://www.centerthegroup.com/carbinecase.htm
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/03/19
I have one of these. They are nice.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Heavy-Canvas-Lever-Action-Gun-Case/2030881.uts
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/03/19

the one from Cabelas looks good.......I have a Boyt..........looks very similar

but more $$$$$$
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/03/19
I did email the first link given. couldn't actually find them online.

The Cabelas case is out of stock but can be back-ordered. I'd prefer a zipper to a buckle, but it does look good.

I actually have a cheap old kolpin case that would have been perfect, but my wife shortened it to hold the Savage Cub Mini that we use so much at family functions. Can't find one like it online.

And I just called kolpin. No dice, they don't make anything like it anymore...
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/03/19
And I had looked at boyt. Slow web page and hard to navigate but they do have stuff. Pricey but nice. I have a couple of their rifle cases and they are my go-tos, for scoped rifles...
Posted By: stevep1954 Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/05/19
skinner sights has nice cases
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/05/19
Originally Posted by Slope77

I have that same case and I am very pleased.
Posted By: Sevastopol Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/06/19
Tagging along for ideas for my '92.
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/06/19
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by Slope77

I have that same case and I am very pleased.

They are specifically designed for the stated purpose and quality is very good. They look like a Boyt and I think it is darn near as nice, for less money.

One thing to note is that it looks like they have a brass buckle, but that is really only for aesthetic purposes. The black plastic/polymer buckle is actually very practical and works well. The case is well padded and uses quality materials.

I know the original poster said he prefers a zipper over a buckle - I actually prefer the “slip” design over a zippered case for non-bolt guns. I’ve scratched guns on metal zippers and think the slip is more efficient. It would be difficult to improve on the Cabela’s case for the desired use, and I’m not a Cabela’s fan boy. Really, really nice little case.
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/06/19
Hey Slope

I looked closer and did not see any plastic buckle or fastener. Have you got a pic of yours?
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/06/19
Originally Posted by johnw
Hey Slope

I looked closer and did not see any plastic buckle or fastener. Have you got a pic of yours?

Received your pm and will text pics tonight.
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/07/19
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Tagging along for ideas for my '92.

I sent some pics to johnw. If you would like to see them, PM me your email or phone number.
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/07/19
the case from cabelas is back orderable but when I called they had several in stock at prairie du chien. Will likely be there this weekend and pick one up...
Posted By: johnw Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/07/19
Might have to get it for my wife for mothers day???
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Carbine Carry Case? - 05/07/19
I like the Boyt cases. Dark green canvas on the outside. Soft flannel on the inside. Nice metal zipper that has not failed in 15 years I've owned it. Leather touches here and there.

Boyt. I like 'em. They have a classy look, kind like me!

The Boyt page says $98. But I think you can gdt it for less. Amzon is $80. Get the right size and it'll ft like a glove.

https://boytharness.com/product/alaskan-series-scoped-rifle-case/
© 24hourcampfire