Home
Posted By: TheKid Anybody looking for a 336A - 10/01/19
PSA for anyone looking for a 336. I hit a gunshop on my lunch today, try to do that anytime I’m working out of town. They had a pretty nice 336A in 32sp with 2 boxes of ammo. Late 50’s or early 60’s production, sling added and a diamond inlay on the wrist but not too badly done. They were asking $795 but seemed like nice folks and might deal on it.

It’s at Baileys in Ada Oklahoma if one of you are interested. Just passing it along.
Thanks Kid.. Ada, was the home of Major Charles Askins.. A gunwriter before your time and mine really... It was great bird hunting in his era.. He called Okla. heaven on earth for bird hunters.. Been a while, huh!! I love visiting your state, awesome gunshops.. Some of the best I have seen..
Posted By: TheKid Re: Anybody looking for a 336A - 10/02/19
Sadly I missed the good old days of OK quail shooting by about 2 decades. My uncles used to kill hundreds a year back in the early seventies. By the time I was hunting them in the 90’s it was somewhat rare to shoot a 10 bird limit. Nowadays it’s rare to shoot any in my part of the state.

I do enjoy reading the work of both Askins. Interesting and accomplished gunners both of them.
Cool... Nice to see someone who knows both authors...
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Thanks Kid.. Ada, was the home of Major Charles Askins.. A gunwriter before your time and mine really... It was great bird hunting in his era.. He called Okla. heaven on earth for bird hunters.. Been a while, huh!! I love visiting your state, awesome gunshops.. Some of the best I have seen..

Here's a link with lots of Askins info, not otherwise published.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=124719

DF
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Anybody looking for a 336A - 10/26/19
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Here's a link with lots of Askins info, not otherwise published.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=124719

DF

Wow! How cool is that?
© 24hourcampfire