Home
Posted By: fishdog52 My mission - 12/17/19
I am directly responsible for one young fellow getting a Win 94 in 30-30, and another getting a Savage 99 in 300 Savage, for Christmas in a few days. Plus a bunch of ammo.
Hoping to pass on a love for old walnut and blue steel, little recoil and....... just fun little hunting machines.
I feel like I did my job!
Merry Christmas!
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: My mission - 12/17/19
Good on ya, sir!
Posted By: 5thShock Re: My mission - 12/18/19
Oh, the elves will be drinking toasts to you.
Posted By: jar Re: My mission - 12/18/19
thats crazy , I had to really think for a min . I am doing the same thing exactly for my son and son inlaw. Anyways Good on you!!!!
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: My mission - 12/18/19
They will be experiencing hunting the way it was meant to be.
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: My mission - 12/18/19
Originally Posted by jar
thats crazy , I had to really think for a min . I am doing the same thing exactly for my son and son inlaw. Anyways Good on you!!!!

jar,
Outstanding!! Pretty good chance those rifles will earn a "special" spot in their heart and in their collection.
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: My mission - 01/04/20
Had a family outing at the hunting camp on New Years Day, getting both lads out with their rifles and a bunch of ammo. Eventually set targets from 50 yards to 200 yards. Both were delighted to find that their rifles were not particularly finicky about ammo, and that they could in fact hit pretty accurately out to 200 yards. Lots of shooting with a couple old rifles/calibers that deliver the goods with remarkably mild recoil.
Both rifles are set up with low power scopes. To their surprise I put QR rings on one, and a set of old tip off Weaver rings on the other. Both sets worked as advertised and they were happy to have access to open sights. In fact, both rifles delivered decent groups with open sights, an important lesson learned for both hunters.
Just a fun day.
© 24hourcampfire