Home
Posted By: Rustyzipper Stainless 94 Marlin 45 LC - 01/10/20
The above is what I want. With the glove loop lever and the XS Scout rail and ghost ring sight. I'm sure I have the wing protected front sight to replace the factory. I wondered if anyone knows how easy it is to just rebore and use the 357 mag gun. I don't think the 44 mag can be rebored as handily and I do want to use a faster twist rate anyway. I will use mostly 250 gr cast HPs on up to around 350 gr WFNs. The 45 LC can do what I want with a lot less snort and kick than the 44 mag. I have explored the 44 and even swaged lots of style bullets and all for my 9.5" SRH revolver. I want a Marlin for when I carry the SRH but they make it. No problem there. I want a 7.5" 45 LC w/ Bisley grip. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Stainless 94 Marlin 45 LC - 01/10/20

be quite the project......

Save boo who bucks & go with a 20" round barrel blue/walnut 45 Colt

These show up occasionally.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: noKnees Re: Stainless 94 Marlin 45 LC - 01/10/20
I just had a blued gun cerakoted, probably easier and cheaper
Posted By: Huntz Re: Stainless 94 Marlin 45 LC - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
The above is what I want. With the glove loop lever and the XS Scout rail and ghost ring sight. I'm sure I have the wing protected front sight to replace the factory. I wondered if anyone knows how easy it is to just rebore and use the 357 mag gun. I don't think the 44 mag can be rebored as handily and I do want to use a faster twist rate anyway. I will use mostly 250 gr cast HPs on up to around 350 gr WFNs. The 45 LC can do what I want with a lot less snort and kick than the 44 mag. I have explored the 44 and even swaged lots of style bullets and all for my 9.5" SRH revolver. I want a Marlin for when I carry the SRH but they make it. No problem there. I want a 7.5" 45 LC w/ Bisley grip. Be Well, Rustyzipper.

You will need to replace the tube,carrier,lifter.Hardly worth all the hassle.Buy a 45 Colt 1894 and a 45/70 barrel.Have the barrel set back and re chambered and threaded or have a custom barrel made.You would need to use 458 bullets with the 45/70 barrel.
The bullet diameter is not a problem. I have 45-70s a 458 American and a 458 SOCOM. A few cast bullets from 300 gr to 700 gr Flatpoint and quite a variety of jacketed from 300 to 350 X, gummie bear tipped Hornadys, and some FMJs are on the shelves. It is just that I wanted a stainless barrel and a fast twist. Probably a threaded muzzle would facilitate future suppressor use. Still formulating the build but I may do as you are suggesting or buy a used gun I find. Thanks for the ideas, I'm still listening, Be Well, Rustyzipper.
© 24hourcampfire