Home
Posted By: kid0917 Chiappa .357 Takedown - 04/19/20
been getting interested in one of these, anyone have first hand experience? I learned to hunt deer using a model 92 saddlegun and thinking about dropping the hammer on one of these.
TIA for any replies.
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: Chiappa .357 Takedown - 04/20/20
I have no real-use experience with them. My wife has the hard chromed 16" take-down in 357 and the 44 Alaskan version. Both are at the gunsmith's to have the stocks shortened. They seem to be handy little rifles.
The 357 came with a Skinner peep on the barrel. The 44 came with a Skinner peep sight / Weaver rail on the barrel. I ordered another from Taylor & Co for the 357, which was already drilled and tapped for it. We are putting Trijicon MRO's on both rifles.
I have cycled a variety of ammo through both without issue. The 180 grain hardcast flat points cycled fine in the 357.
I am anxious to shoot both.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Chiappa .357 Takedown - 04/20/20
they have that rubbery coating over the walnut, I think I can get used to it. I might even spring for some Leverevolution ammo. I have used it in the past for .35 Remington.
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: Chiappa .357 Takedown - 04/21/20
I could do without the rubber stock coatings also.
I will eventually do some checking to see if I can find decent walnut for both rifles. But, I am in no rush.

I am also having sling attachment points added on these.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Chiappa .357 Takedown - 04/21/20
good idea on the sling attachment
© 24hourcampfire