Home
Posted By: Scott Nemo Hornet - 08/04/20
What are your thoughts on the Nemo Hornet? I have a BA Copper Spur UL HV 1P but am second guessing my decision to go 1P. The Nemo Hornet came up on my search but didn't see many good reviews.
Posted By: Brad Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/06/20
I have had past models of each, and have current models of both the Hornet 1P Elite and Big Agnes Copper Spur ULHV 1P. I like both.

The Hornet is my 1P solo summer-ish backpacking shelter. I use the slightly roomier CS ULHV 1P for long nights during fall hunting.

The Hornet 1P is my favorite solo tent, and I've had a pile.

For perspective, I'm 5'-10"/150lbs.
Posted By: skywalker Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/07/20
I have the Nemo Hornet 2P...….by far my fav 2P tent for hunting.
Posted By: Scott Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/07/20
I should've been more clear. I'm thinking of going 2P and the NEMO Hornet was another option.

Upon further review, I think I'm going to just run the CS 1P and decide after the hunt if I really need 2P. At 5'-6" 175lb I don't need tent length, a little wider would be nice.
Posted By: patch123 Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/08/20
https://www.bigagnes.com/Scout-1-Platinum

have you looked into this new 1P from big agnes?
Posted By: Scott Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/08/20
No I hadn't seen that one, not sure if I'd like that other than the weight. I'm willing to take the weight penalty to have a little more room plus the additional vestibule.
Posted By: patch123 Re: Nemo Hornet - 08/09/20
that scout looks pretty minimalist. i have a new copper spur platinum and its the lightest 2p tent i have owned and the vestibule space on both sides is great! its pretty amazing how light it is for the size you get.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Copper-Spur-2-Platinum
Posted By: J257 Re: Nemo Hornet - 09/20/20
I've used the Nemo Hornet for the last three seasons. The tent is light weight and tuff. Used down to zero and in heavy snow - for it's weight and pack size it's hard to beat. I'm 5'11", 165 . I really like how fast it goes up and the covered entry to put your boots on in the morning and keep your pack clear of snow.
Posted By: J257 Re: Nemo Hornet - 09/20/20
I've used the Nemo Hornet for the last three seasons. The tent is light weight and tuff. Used down to zero and in heavy snow - for it's weight and pack size it's hard to beat. I'm 5'11", 165 . I really like how fast it goes up and the covered entry to put your boots on in the morning and keep your pack clear of snow.
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: Nemo Hornet - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by J257

Do you have the 1 or 2 person version?

Thanks.
Posted By: J257 Re: Nemo Hornet - 10/28/20
two person version. Just got back from a hunting trip - does good in freezing rain also.
© 24hourcampfire