Home
Posted By: wy0ming Wiggy's mukluks or overboots - 12/02/20
Anyone used them? Looks like they now have a vibram sole. Are they good for actual walking/hiking or just for short walks out to the tree stand or shoveling snow? Are there any other overboots that are any good for hiking? I'd just order some and see, but I don't want to deal with Wiggy's crummy returns policy.
A couple years back a pard invited me along to help him with a bison hunt in AK in February. I opted for a pair of NEOs Navigator overshoes that I wore over uninsulated hikers with good wool socks. My feet did not get cold at all and we saw temps as low as -24ºF. They were a snug enough fit that I had no problem hiking in them. Climbed some pretty steep country chasing ptarmigan after the bison was shot. No problem with them there either. I am very happy with them. Even used them here in IN deer hunting with nothing but a pair of tennis shoes underneath. Again, no cold feet. Told a buddy about them and he scored some for his son off eBay for $40!

https://www.overshoesneos.com/Overshoes_Neos_Navigator_5.html

“Using the JR mukluk over any insulated boot will keep your feet warm for hours, if otherwise proporly dressed, at a temperature of -70 degrees F and colder.”

-70 F Yeah right. Jerry is such a liar
Posted By: ribka Re: Wiggy's mukluks or overboots - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by pointer
A couple years back a pard invited me along to help him with a bison hunt in AK in February. I opted for a pair of NEOs Navigator overshoes that I wore over uninsulated hikers with good wool socks. My feet did not get cold at all and we saw temps as low as -24ºF. They were a snug enough fit that I had no problem hiking in them. Climbed some pretty steep country chasing ptarmigan after the bison was shot. No problem with them there either. I am very happy with them. Even used them here in IN deer hunting with nothing but a pair of tennis shoes underneath. Again, no cold feet. Told a buddy about them and he scored some for his son off eBay for $40!

I wear these ice fishing and tree stand hunting. Work pretty well keeping feet warm. I haven't hiked much in them or in steep terrain though.
Originally Posted by ribka

I wear these ice fishing and tree stand hunting. Work pretty well keeping feet warm. I haven't hiked much in them or in steep terrain though.
I climbed Donnelly Dome outside of Fairbanks chasing ptarmingan in them. No problem with the boots hiking.

I climbed Donnelly Dome outside of Fairbanks chasing ptarmingan in them. No problem with the boots hiking.

WTF bro?
Where was my invite?
Originally Posted by T_Inman

WTF bro?
Where was my invite?

Ha! Kinda a hard to send the invite uphill, which IIRC is where you were the whole time we were on that bump. You probably remember shotgun "problems" keeping someone from getting more birds....
Yes, and the ensuing swear words. Even through the binos I could tell what was happening.
I LOL'd, because I was 100% sure I knew what the problem was.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Yes, and the ensuing swear words. Even through the binos I could tell what was happening.
I LOL'd, because I was 100% sure I knew what the problem was.
Wasn't with the shotgun... wink
Posted By: gunzo Re: Wiggy's mukluks or overboots - 12/03/20
Tag this thread..
Originally Posted by BeanMan

“Using the JR mukluk over any insulated boot will keep your feet warm for hours, if otherwise proporly dressed, at a temperature of -70 degrees F and colder.”

-70 F Yeah right. Jerry is such a liar

Yeah, I've been wondering about that...
© 24hourcampfire