Home
Posted By: wdenike ? - 01/03/21
Best hunting backpack in a 1800 to 2500 ci. Pack with separate pack frame?

Take care, Willie
Posted By: mtwarden Re: ? - 01/03/21
Looks like your looking for a day pack with a frame- Stone Glacier, Kifaru and Mystery Ranch all sell a bag in that volume range that will fit on their frames. It also lets you add a higher volume bag down the road if you have a need for a bag for multi-day trips.

I would suggest trying all three, try them on at home loaded up- one will rise to the top for you, send the other two back. You'll be out a little shipping, but when it comes to basically a lifetime investment in a quality hauling pack- you want the right one.

I settled on Stone Glacier (with a Serac bag- 1700 cubic inches and Krux frame, sometimes a Solo for later season hunts with more bulky clothing) for a day hunting pack, but they are all worth looking at as no two people are built the same.
I'll add one benefit of the new Serac bag is it can be used as a stand alone pack, not for heavy hauling but for a really nice day pack. The shoulder straps are removable, as is the small waist belt and included frame sheet.

The other makes might have a similar option as well.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: ? - 01/03/21
Add Seek Outside to that list.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: ? - 01/03/21
Another vote for the made in Western Colorado Seek Outside line.
Yup should have included SO in that mix as well (in addition to my SG, I own a SO Divide and Flight too :))
Posted By: wdenike Re: ? - 01/03/21
Thank you all. Those are the ones I am looking at. Along with exo. Than some one mentioned the Eberlestock F1 main frail with the batwing bags. Looks like it could be really interesting. LMAO

Take care, Willie
© 24hourcampfire