Home
Posted By: blgoode My hammock setup - 01/13/21
Man I love a hammock for the south east! Hard not to be comfortable and enjoy a spot like this. I don’t get out as much as I’d like but I wanted to share the setup.

Warbonnet Thunderfly tarp
Warbonnet blackbird hammock
Hammock gear incubator Underquilt
Enlightened equipment top quilt.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I love the warbonnet hammocks. I think they are the best for summer months light travel.
Posted By: 16bore Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
Pretty slick set up
Posted By: T_O_M Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
Cool.

Question ... being from the NW, I don't recognize the large leafed plants around your camp. What are those? We have rhododendron which look a bit like that and also something called Saddler's Oak, but not exact.

I'm experimenting with hammocks, not sure if they're going to work for me or not. If I sleep on my back I snore so bad I wake myself up so I'm experimenting with lay-flat designs rather than gathered-end hammocks.
Posted By: blgoode Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
I’m not sure what those are really? It’s slippping my mind. I’m digging to see if I can find it.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
Hickory? RZ.
Mountain Laurel I think.
I think 16 bore has it
Posted By: TomM1 Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
Yes, Mountain Laurel. Rivals the alder thickets of Southern Alaska. Deer and Bear love to find a cozy spot in it and lay down.

Pretty neat setup blgoode, have contemplated going that route myself.
TomM1 it is so comfortable and honestly. Sitting and putting by shoes and socks on is the best part! I have hung over logs, rocks, water has come in under me. It is so warm. I’ve taken my setup to 16 one trip. With a zero Underquilt and stacking a 20 degree and 30 or 40 degree top quilt I can do temps from summer to max low in my area.
This thing looks pretty interesting

https://haventents.com/products/hav...5iKua7gIVOv_jBx0GTgl3EAQYCiABEgJiAvD_BwE
I prefer a basic gathered one hammock for its simplicity. I’ve never tried a flat bottomed hammock so what do I really know. I just know a gathered end means more coverage in a smaller tarp and no great on paper but not in real life problems are associated with the traditional design. Check out Warbonnet outdoor hammocks. They have a bridge style hammock also. But you will need a wider tarp for the wide ends.
One advantage is you can use your ground pad in them.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: My hammock setup - 01/14/21
What's if cost to put this together?

Warbonnet Thunderfly tarp
Warbonnet blackbird hammock
Hammock gear incubator Underquilt
Enlightened equipment top quilt.
You will have to look up the info on their websites. Different needs have some different costs.

Example 10’ blackbird different than. 11” blackbird hammock. You may need a 11’ and I use a 10’.
Posted By: alukban Re: My hammock setup - 01/15/21
Looks almost jungle-like smile
Posted By: ro1459 Re: My hammock setup - 01/24/21
Can you sleep on your side or is that setup for back sleeping only?
Posted By: blgoode Re: My hammock setup - 01/24/21
You can roll around. I side sleep some. Not as easy as on the ground of course but so much better than the ground.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: My hammock setup - 01/24/21
Thanks.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: My hammock setup - 01/29/21
There's no way that I would rather sleep in the mountains than in my hammock/tarp/quilt setup. It is literally more comfortable than sleeping in my bed at home. I absolutely love it. I still occasionally use a teepee or a tent; but, 9 out of 10 times it is the hammock setup.
© 24hourcampfire