Home
Ok folks, other than the Kifaru Sawtooth, what other companies exist that have the capacity for a wood stove? Weight is not an issue.
Thanks
A good walltent from Davis?
Well, you DID say 'weight is not an issue'....
Seek Outside makes GREAT stuff.
Almost any tent with a single layer roof can have a stove jack easily installed. I sewed one in myself. $10 from Amazon. It was easy. I added a roll-up flap at the top for when the stove isn't in use.
Nylon floors need some kind of fire resistant mat under the stove, too. You can get a yard of Nomex fire resistant fabric for about $15. It's the stuff they make welding and firemen's clothing from.
I just got my seek outside tipi. I burned-in the stove, but haven't taken it on a trip yet. It's expensive, but my first impression is really positive.
if weight isn't an issue, (ie.... a truck accessible base-camp) we've standardized on MIL-SURP Expandable Frame Tents. they are 16x16 and can be expanded in units of 16'. I have 3 of them. will be using 1 for a 16x16 kitchen tent, and a 16x32 for our 8 hunters this fall.

you used to be able to find them periodically for around $500 ea, but nowadays I find them closer to ~$800 if they are complete and in good shape.

they weigh about 400# each, but are quite robust, quiet and include a stove jack. very well built for windy conditions too. takes 2 people to setup, minimum.
Arctic Oven is a double walled tent with stove pipe jack. Heavier but hard to beat for cold weather.
If weight is not a problem.You can never go wrong with a good wall tent.I like the stove jack in the front wall. Easier to tarp,easier to clean stove pipe and helps in the cooking. Also you can keep things cooler in the sleeping area. All those lightweight ,nylon tents, you have condensation problems.Worse in wet weather.
My Seek Outside 8 person tipi is set up in my yard right now. I've been burning the stove to test burn times and get more used to using it. Still cold enough in MI to put things to the test. I have one of their collapsible titanium stoves, the XL I think. If weight didn't matter, I'd probably use one of the folding steel stoves like Cabelas sells. That would save $$ and they look like they set up easier and look durable. We own a wall tent and it is great once up, but it is a beast to transport and set up. I think I won't use it again unless I'm expecting significant snow. I covet one of the Arctic Ovens that Vern references, but the weight has so far deterred me.
Cabela's Ultimate Alaknak
12x30. 2 vestables.
Thanks for the info so far people.............
I bought this one set it up this winter no overnight use yet. But I like it

https://www.pomoly.com/HEX-Plus-Camping-Hot-Tent-with-Wood-Stove-Jack-4-6-Person-p379436.html

Pics of tent set up in this thread
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-season-tent-recommendation#Post15476846
I've been very happy with my seek outside 6 man.
My Seek Outside 8 man and XL stove will be headed to Alaska with me in September.
© 24hourcampfire