Home

My old tripod needs to be retired. What manufactures should I be looking at for packable tripods that are stable. What do you guys like?
Slik Sprint Pro EZ - 2lbs 13oz’s.
sirui with va-5 head.
I use the Slik Sprint mini, with the VA-5 head. But mostly spot from a helinox chair one......
Been using a carbon Slik for years with good success. Very stable. If replacing it today, I'd just get something from Cameraland. They'll have a sale some time.
vortex summit ss-p with a Swaro atm 65hd .... seems to work ok. (I've also put a swaro ats 80 on it and it is ok as well)
Originally Posted by Shed7
sirui with va-5 head.

this is what I'm using as well when I'm using a bigger spotter- it's the T-25X, I take the lower legs off to shave a little weight as I'm sitting and don't need them

if going very ultralight (and not using a bigger spotter) I use one of these

https://kramerdesignscorp.com/Granite_Peak_Tripod.html
Outdoorsmans

https://outdoorsmans.com/collections/tripods
Originally Posted by AHM
vortex summit ss-p with a Swaro atm 65hd .... seems to work ok. (I've also put a swaro ats 80 on it and it is ok as well)

How did you like the ats 80???

Take care, Willie
Originally Posted by wdenike

How did you like the ats 80???

Take care, Willie

What’s not to like about the Ats 80? I had the ATS 80 but for my build and how I use my spotters I found I preferred the STS 80 and that’s what I now own and use.
I really love the ATS 80, but I found it heavy (for me) to pack around so I finally got a ATM 65 (a little less bulky and lighter). I like the 25-50 eye piece vs the 20-60 (I have both). I like the 80 when I'm staying closer to my mode of transportation.... it's wonderful to look through. I have liked the angled eyepiece when sitting and glassing, however I havent spent a lot of time trying the Straight eyepieces and surely would like that too. I switch between my Binos (10x42's) and the spotter when sitting, so the angled eye on the spotter keeps it a little lower and out of the way when I pull up the binos. my neck gets a little tired from the down position after long periods.... I would like to spend some time trying the STS scopes (my buddy has one, maybe I'll switch for a bit this year) ...
Really Right Stuff because I know it is 100% bomber and they stand behind it 100%. But it is expensive.

Two Vets because it is a knockoff off RRS and at a good price.Can't speak for the warranty.
Thanks guys. Bought the ats 80, very pleased.

Take care, Willie
© 24hourcampfire