Stocks jumped up 4%
https://gearjunkie.com/news/vista-outdoor-stone-glacier-acquisition
Well... Lets hope they don't ruin it.
+1
Can't say that this makes me happy
Originally Posted by cwh2

They will.

The first nail in the coffin will be offshoring production to Asia to compete with the likes of Mystery Ranch and other high priced selllouts.
We still have Seek Outside
Hopefully the price drops and the quality doesn't. Home Town shop got several buddies workin there. We shall see.
It’s like a micro brew getting bought out by Anheuser. The cool/elite factor just went way down for a lot of folks.
At least it didn't go overseas
Originally Posted by Shag
At least it didn't go overseas

Give it time.....i
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by cwh2

They will.

The first nail in the coffin will be offshoring production to Asia to compete with the likes of Mystery Ranch and other high priced selllouts.

Raise prices, find a way to make it cheaper and faster . Standard operating procedure.

Stone Glacier founders got paid so Vista has to make it up somehow.
Just look at what they did with TC... Grab their money, outsource what they can and then discard them after they have ruined the brand...

Anybody try to use the famous RCBS "Guaranteed for Life" warranty recently? Hint: it ain't anymore.
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Just look at what they did with TC... Grab their money, outsource what they can and then discard them after they have ruined the brand...

In their defense. Vista Outdoors never owned T/C or Smith and Wesson.
Originally Posted by ChrisF

Anybody try to use the famous RCBS "Guaranteed for Life" warranty recently? Hint: it ain't anymore.

incorrect. I emailed them a few weeks ago specifically asking if I could buy a powder measure tube for a very old relaoding press that belonged to my dad as I broke the original. my reply email simply said a new one was in the mail free of charge
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by ChrisF

incorrect. I emailed them a few weeks ago specifically asking if I could buy a powder measure tube for a very old relaoding press that belonged to my dad as I broke the original. my reply email simply said a new one was in the mail free of charge

I’ve had pretty good luck with RCBS customer service also although they don’t warranty their electronic items for lifetime.
Just be thankful it's not Cerebrus.

Glad to hear your experience was better. Sounds like the RCBS of old. My recent experiences were sadly not as good. I needed a new ram for a RockChucker press. I spoke to the good folk in Oroville pre-Vista and they said no problem...just let us know which of the two variations you need. Let it slide for a few months, then the fires set things back a few more months. By the time I picked it up again, I was told, sounds like wear and we don't cover that.

Bought another Co-Ax to solve that problem.

Other issue was looking to buy a new barrel for a Sidewinder tumbler. "sorry, we don't support older, discontinued products".
The cycle of business. I hope SG keeps doing what they do, if not, someone else can fill the void in the marketplace.
I just looked over a list of Vista Outdoors cattle...

Wow
© 24hourcampfire