Home
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Late-ish season boots - 02/09/22
Anyone have experience with the Zamberlan 2090 MOUNTAIN PRO EVO GTX RR 

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/produc...-men-s-mountaineering-boots-black-orange

If you do, what kind of temps were they comfortable in? How did you like them?
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: Late-ish season boots - 02/10/22
I’ve had other Zamberlan models and they have always been great for me. I would say however that no matter the deal it’s all about your individual foot & how it feels. My advice doesn’t really matter after quality is established

Good luck!
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Late-ish season boots - 02/11/22
Can’t give feedback on this exact boot, but I discovered Zamberlans about 3 years ago when I decided to buy good footwear.

I tried other upper end manufacturers like Kenetreks and the Zamberlans just simply are superior IMO.

I own two pair and wouldn’t hesitate on trying this model.

Do you own any Zamberlans? Cabela’s carries them and you can try some on to check quality comfort and fit
Well I got them today. They appear to be well made, are fairly lightweight, and stiff AF. Hopefully they'll be warm.

We shall find out next Sunday. Either way, they look cool haha
Went snowshoeing yesterday in these boots and they were awesome. Did probably three miles and lots of hare tracking. Feet never got cold. I'm sold for cold, snowy, elk hunts.

Was out from 9:30 to 2:00pm. Lots of snow, and I broke through a creek and stayed dry.
Posted By: KC Re: Late-ish season boots - 03/02/22

I have no experience with Zamberlain boots. But I've read the description and they seem to be a good boots for what they are designed to do. They are not hiking boots, They are mountaineering boots, which mean they will have a rigid sole to take crampons, and minimum flex in the ankle. That's great if you are climbing vertical ice with crampons. But not so good for hiking because they will have no flex and feel like you are wearing bricks. They will will contribute to fatigue when hiking. Please report back when you have tried hunting or hiking in these boots. It's too late now since you have purchased the Zamberlain boots, but you might have taken a look at Crispi Colorado GTX boots.
I prefer mountaineering boots compared to "hiking boots". Especially in steep terrain with snow on the ground (purpose of these boots for me).
© 24hourcampfire