Home
Posted By: Scott Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 04/03/22
I've been looking at getting this but have seen some threads with rumors that it's being discontinued. Garmin site says "notify when available" so thinking that may be true. Anybody heard more on this and if it's being replaced with a newer version?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 04/04/22
garmins website says ships in 3-5 weeks. IIRC thats exactlyw aht it said last sumer when I oredered ine from REI.
They're still being sold on a number of websites, including Garmin.
Posted By: Scott Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 04/05/22
Ok, Maybe I’m losing it but I swear the website said notify when available on Sunday. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 04/10/22
They told me that they should have a new shipment in May. I signed up for updates and am on a waiting list to get one. They have not discontinued that product.
Even if they've discontinued them, if you can find one, it'll still be good for a long time. I have a Delorme Inreach SE from before Garmin bought them out. It still works just fine.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 05/01/22
Just saw that The GPS store has several of them for sale at $449.00. Which is the regular price. I am not familiar with The GPS Store, actually, I've never heard of them. Are any of you familiar with them? If they are a real company, I'll go ahead and purchase one from them. If not, I can wait until Garmin has them for sale.
I've ordered from them and received what I ordered. Likewise from GPS City.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 05/01/22
Thanks.
Posted By: Deans Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 05/02/22
Which InReach should a person choose, the mini or the explorer?
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Garmin InReach Explorer+ - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by Deans
Which InReach should a person choose, the mini or the explorer?

There are several videos on youtube that do a great job of explaining this. But basically, it would depend on what you wanted to use it for. I want the explorer plus because I don't have cell service where I hunt. With the plus you get mapping and easy messaging without having to use your phone, that you don't get with the SC or Mini. It's also $100 more expensive that the Mini. The Youtube videos are worth the time to watch IMO.
© 24hourcampfire