Home
Just got a shipment of ranger green concealed carry chest packs in, and can't help but be impressed with how well this color blends in a variety of environments:

[Linked Image]

You can have your foliage and coyote, make mine ranger green!
Yeah, i really do like the ranger green. I favor OD but the ranger will blend in more the farther i head east from the crest in WA. Ordered mine about a half hour ago, cant wait!
I've always liked ranger green but it's just not as available from some manufacturers. Had a TT pack that was my favorite nylon ever color wise. Are there "upgrade my color" trade ins Evan? laugh
Ranger is nice. I like foliage a lot as well.
Originally Posted by evanhill
You can have your foliage and coyote, make mine ranger green!

Make mine ranger green too, should I PM my address? Visa OK?
Smokepole, I'm tickled. Did that tall gangly kid demonstrate that you can shoot a bow just fine while wearing one? Something about a bear you saw this past elk season? :-)

You can buy them right off of the site using a card. although the transaction is handled by paypal, you don't have to have a paypal account to check out.
Thanks for the heads up. This is the first piece of gear I've gotten excited about in a long time. It will solve a number of problems for me, like forbid if I get separated from the dogsled. Butt packs don't cut it for running along.

I ordered one for myself and my son.
can't kill anything wearing those shades of colors

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I've always liked Ranger Green to. Foliage can be too light especially in darker timer and OD depending on the dye can be too bright.
Originally Posted by evanhill
Did that tall gangly kid demonstrate that you can shoot a bow just fine while wearing one? Something about a bear you saw this past elk season? :-)

:-)

I do love my kit bag. It goes with me more places than I expected it would. Foliage is fine with me though. For now. smile
Oh, you were talking about him? I thought you were talking about my son.
Range Green: almost as subtle as the advertising in this post!
nope, Ranger green is a *lot* more subtle than the advertising in this post!
We should add YCMV to the lexicon of internet acronyms. Just received a piece of Eagle gear in "Ranger Green". In late afternoon (indirect) sunlight and overhead incandescent it appears identical to my HPG "Foliage Green" gear. I'll be curious to see if there is much, if any, difference in direct sunlight. Obviously, HPG has truly different FG and RG fabrics in play but it's funny how things vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure RG has more of a slimming effect than FG or CB. wink

edit to add: The HPD FG is just bit grayer and lighter than the the Eagle RG. Have to look close to see.
just for the record, here's what a deer might see.

[Linked Image]
2legit
were would one look for the clothing?
First I've seen of this stuff.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
just for the record, here's what a deer might see.

[Linked Image]

That's what I was thinking... would be better off with red plaid, unless you're hunting in Afghanistan.
Personally, I don't care what the deer sees, it's like ZZ Top said--"every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man."
Yeah, all the blaze orange requirements really mess up the well appointed hunter.
Can I get one in blue?
Originally Posted by Brad
Yeah, all the blaze orange requirements really mess up the well appointed hunter.

Depends on where you are. Some places, it draws chicks like a magnet during the season.
Originally Posted by oldmodel
2legit
were would one look for the clothing?
First I've seen of this stuff.

literally just about anywhere & everywhere

I used to scour every outdoor store, online stores etc. to assemble my kit

still my fave outdoor pants are the Cabela's guidewear stuff, in their fishing dept.

supplex nylon, soft, pretty quiet, thin and lt. wt. surprisingly durable, almost windproof and dry super fast

i've tried the sporthill soft shell stuff, but went back to the supplex, just suits me better

love the zip off legs, take em off to cross a creek if there's time to do so, humping a heavy load in warm weather, i'll open the leg and fly zippers abit and let air move thru as i'm hiking

I get the shirts in 2xl, as i like a loose fit and prefer if it's cool windy and dry to put my insulated jacket on under the shirt to protect it and the supplex blocks wind well as noted

still like wool but not when packin light for bping, flying or floating

2 pair of those pants, couple of sets of different weight long johns, wool sweater if not bping, montbell insulated jacket, 1 supplex shirt, one worsterlon shirt, 5 pair of socks, baclava, bball hat, gloves, wristies and neck gaiter all fit in one dry bag with room to spare,

time to hop in the plane or boat with rifle and pack and go
© 24hourcampfire