Home
Posted By: NMpistolero Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
Well it took four years but I think my J105 pack is on it's last leg. A bunch of buckles are broke and one of my shoulder straps is about wore through from rubbing on the waist belt. I am trying to decide whether to stay with an Eberlestock or try something else. Maybe a Crew Cab or a Kifaru Express with a cargo chair. I'm not a backpacker but I pack a lot of game out. I like the "come out heavy" aspect of the J105. and the rifle pouch is nice. I have also been thinking of dropping down to the smaller Eberlestock- gunslinger I think? I know this has been covered 100 times but I'd appreciate any thoughts on the choices. Many Thanks!
Posted By: Shag Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
Ditch the J105 and Eberle all together.. They are not durable packs. Others will get you more than 4 years use.. Keep an eye out for Kifaru stuff being sold at good prices, as many are selling great packs to fund the new UL's.
Posted By: Huntinut Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
I believe they are "Lifetime Warranted" I'd ship it back myself.

Huntinut
Posted By: rost495 Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
Send it back in.

IMHO they are good enough packs. Enough so that I bought a Kifaru longhunter and I don't care for it at all. BUT we only hunt with packs a few times a year.

IF I was going to do it all the time, I'd look into something a bit better myself.

See what Glenn says when you send it in.

Jeff
Posted By: prm Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
I would absolutely send it in and see what they'll do for you. If you put that much wear on a pack I'll bet they would be happy to get you into something new.
You guys are right, I'll send it back in and see what they say!Thanks!
Posted By: GaryVA Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/14/11
Read the below thread on my hard used and busted J105. I boxed it up and mailed it back. Once repaired, I expect to get many more years out of this pack before it is down for the count:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Eberlestock_Just_One_Series#Post4958557
Gary That makes me feel better about contacting them! It has been a good pack except for one thing......I can put too much damn stuff in it!!!!
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/15/11
I have the J105 also. It looks brand new actually. Let's see, 6 trips to Alaska, 8 trips to Colorado and 6 trips to New Mexico.
Countless miles on my back, baggage handlers, snow machine, air boat, horse back and hardly looks used. I really like the rifle scabbard. Not saying it can't wear out or a strap or buckle break. Hey all equipment eventually has an issue.
Keep us posted on what Glenn does for you.
Posted By: Huntinut Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/15/11
Yes please let us know how this turns out for ya!!

Huntinut
Ditch the J105 and Eberle all together.. They are not durable packs. Others will get you more than 4 years use.. Keep an eye out for Kifaru stuff being sold at good prices, as many are selling great packs to fund the new UL's.
Posted By: prowannabe Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/15/11
Eberlestocks are great packs. I've owned a j107 (tore a strap, sent in for repair and it came back good as new) and also have the smaller x1a1. Carry a kifaru spike camp as well, both great packs.
Posted By: ceylonc Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/17/11
Definitely send it back to Glen. Eberlestock will take care of you!
Posted By: SU35 Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 03/18/11
Send it back, get a new one, sell it off to someone who doesn't know any better and then buy and American made pack, aka MR or Kifaru.
Posted By: pieterjons Re: Wore out my Eberlestock - 06/13/11
I think, It used to be external frame packs were the only option available for carrying heavy loads and for most heavy, bulky items like moose quarters and boat motors they still are.
© 24hourcampfire