Home
Posted By: Biathlonman Sleeping bag liners - 01/15/12
What do we like for sleeping bag liners? I started with a real cheap bag that has served me very well, but got a little funky after last hunting season. Washing has helped a little, but it still has a little smell. Trying to avoid that since I just got a great deal on a "real" bag. Far more worried about keeping things clean, shouldn't really need any boost in temperature rating.
Posted By: Brad Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/15/12
Never used one, see no point. Honestly.
Posted By: 9.3x62 Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/16/12
all bags should have attachment points in a bag for a liner, always use one if my load allows, it should feel better than your bag material and make cleaning easier
Posted By: ClarkEMyers Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/16/12
Silk sheets. REI and other such will often do a better job of washing sleeping bags than I do at home.
I use a Rab silk liner sometimes just to keep the bag clean. The last two summers I've spent a lot of time backpacking for jobs--when you're talking about +- 40 nights of use a year and a long time between showers, a liner saves a high end bag from grime and the wear/tear of extra washings. If I never have to wash my Valandre I'll be fine with that. For short backpacking trips I don't always take the liner.
Posted By: BarryNL Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/16/12
I use the Thermolite Reactor Liner, adds about 25f to the bag. Very stretchy material. very comfy.
Posted By: Boise Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/16/12
I always use a liner. I prefer silk, for the weight and volume it is mighty tough to beat - currently using Cocoon. It's a lot easier to clean the liner than the bag and I get fairly stinky on a multiple day hunt.

In base camp I have custom sewn both 200 and 300 weight fleece liners. These are the bomb but no way would I ever back pack one - too heavy and too bulky. The best thing about them is the flexibility to start off with only the liner, then slip into your bag later.
Posted By: Dave_S Re: Sleeping bag liners - 01/16/12
I also use a silk liner - Sea to Summit. I use it to keep the bag clean. I like silk because it is very light weight.
© 24hourcampfire