Home
None of my packs are made for bowhunting in that they are made to attach a bow. I am curious as to methods learned to attach your bow to backpacks or day packs.Pictures would be nice.

I am using the Primos bow sling, slung across my shoulder which works pretty well.
I use the Kifaru gunbearer to carry my bow. It carries well and you can have the bow ready to shoot in a couple of seconds.
I have a 3 piece takedown Schafer Silvertip, and use a takedown quiver from Selway. I lash the riser upside down on the left side of my pack under the compression straps. Limbs go where ever I got room in the pack.

Its like I tell my compound buddies... I'm a bowhunter, not an archer smile I've never had a recurve break down in the middle of nowhere. I pack an extra string to cover a worst case scenario
I sewed up a pouch that holds the bottom of the my bow and straps to the pack frame on each side. Then I use the my pack's horizontal compression straps to hold the bow in place, snug against the pack. I hunt with my pack and bow on my back at all times, except for when I'm doing a stalk. It was key for me to have the bottom of the bow higher than the bottom of the pack. So when I sit down (or fall on my butt) the bow isn't damaged. The downside to this is the top of the bow sticks up above the top of the pack.
© 24hourcampfire