Home
Posted By: Walker6 AA battery rangefinder ? - 04/18/12
Anyone know of a laser rangefinder being manufactured currently that runs on AA batteries?

I have acquired AA versions of flashlights, headlights, mini lanterns, gps, etc, but haven't been able to track down this last piece. Sure would be nice to make it a clean sweep.
I think you are straining at a gnat. They sell lithium 9v's now that'll run all season most likely. If you are worried about it, put a new one in.
Posted By: 338WIN Re: AA battery rangefinder ? - 04/19/12
Hey Walker6, I agree that having them all on the same battery is good. Don't know of any AA's but haven't looked. My older Bushnell Compact 800 runs a ridiculously long time on 4 AAA's. Goes for several seasons, including my loaning it out to guys, on one set of batteries. Battery life has been the single most surprising thing about the rangefinder.
Posted By: Walker6 Re: AA battery rangefinder ? - 04/19/12
Take A Knee,

Of course you're right, but how do you expect me to make a year-long hobby out of something that I only get to actually do for one week a year if you won't let me worry about nonsense like this? It's 85 degrees outside and there aren't any elk within a thousand miles of here.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go change my daughter's poopy diaper. After that I might just go test the boil time on my Trangia stove. Again. Or I may cut the extra webbing off my backpack and weigh it. Again.
Posted By: 16bore Re: AA battery rangefinder ? - 04/22/12
Quite a skullphuck, but I like your way of thinking. Range finder wouldn't be where I cut corners though. Leica's are the way to roll.

I feel your pain on the wait...
Originally Posted by Walker6
Take A Knee,

Of course you're right, but how do you expect me to make a year-long hobby out of something that I only get to actually do for one week a year if you won't let me worry about nonsense like this? It's 85 degrees outside and there aren't any elk within a thousand miles of here.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go change my daughter's poopy diaper. After that I might just go test the boil time on my Trangia stove. Again. Or I may cut the extra webbing off my backpack and weigh it. Again.

I truly feel your pain. They grow up and go away to college, on scholarship if you are lucky.

When you get tired of the Trangia get yourself a Titanium Caldera Cone from Trail Designs. Alcohol or wood, you can just heat water quickly with alcohol or cook all day if you like with wood.
© 24hourcampfire