Home
What have you found to be some of the best covers/cases for your Iphones while out in crappy weather?
Quart size freezer zip-lok. It worked great for me while using my iphone as my GPS.
Otterbox. Otherwise, ^that^ works pretty good too.
Lifeproof. I've had mine in cargo shorts pocket while wet-wading up to my chest without issue - just as advertised.
I like the Lifeproof Nuud. It waterproofs the phone but does not have a cover over the screen. You touch the actual screen. It does increase the size of the phone slightly and it also negatively affects audio quality somewhat when making a call. Even so, I think it may be the best case on the market.
Otterbox Defender and a ziplock bag.
Thanks guys I will look into them. The ziplock I already have. LOL
Posted By: tkinak Re: Iphone 5 protective covers? - 11/16/13
I'll sell you an Otterbox if you like em, a little bulky. My current case is a Casemate tough xtreme with the removable clip, allows options when pockets aren't available.

Like below but not pink smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Mate-G..._Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item19d90aa00d
the Nuud is my choice too! If you want extreme durability go with the otter box armour(little more bulky).

Originally Posted by Darktimber
I like the Lifeproof Nuud. It waterproofs the phone but does not have a cover over the screen. You touch the actual screen. It does increase the size of the phone slightly and it also negatively affects audio quality somewhat when making a call. Even so, I think it may be the best case on the market.
Posted By: llama2 Re: Iphone 5 protective covers? - 11/16/13
Quart freezer zip lock. And if I am real concerned - I double it up ;^)

My kids laugh at it- but it works. Plus, I do not like bulky cases- and I also like inexpensive stuff that works.
Only problem with the zip lock is no shock protection. I frequently drop my phone out of my shirt pocket. Otherwise, the zip lock will certainly protect against moisture.
Posted By: Razz Re: Iphone 5 protective covers? - 11/17/13
Lifeproof here.
Posted By: ckr Re: Iphone 5 protective covers? - 11/19/13
Lifeproof is great. Just be careful of knock-offs. ...........if it's too good to be true...... Several people I know have been burned on E-bay deals.
LifeProof. when it gets dirty from daily use or oil from your skin, just a dab of dish detergent under the faucet. no problem. can even take underwater videos with it on.
Lifeproof is the way to go. I just recently received a new case from them when my old case started falling apart. The charge door cracked and wouldn't stay closed on it plus the little cord for plugging into my trucks stereo went tango uniform. I've dropped my cell several times while in it's LF case and it's still like new.

Best warranty in the business.
I use a Lifeproof, best one I've used.
Is there any issues with someone hearing you talk or hearing someone talking to you?
I have had people say this about the lifeproof covers.
No issues for me as far as hearing or someone hearing me talk. The only thing I found negative (not a bog deal to me) was if your listening to music or sports with it laying flat on it's back, it's a bit muffled. If you open the charge door then the sound is fine and a bit louder too.
Thanks guys.
© 24hourcampfire