Home
Never used them before...or any insole. Looks like they will be a requirement from now on. Recently had a custom pair made, but I don't think they are going to last very long.

Looking for feedback on Superfeet Green (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/green) for general use and Carbon (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon) for use when a slimmer profile is needed.

For folks who've used the Green, the description says it is closed cell foam. Will the Green absorb water with the foam or any of the materials its constructed of?

Thanks
Are your arches high, medium, or low? I have low arches and the traditional favorites; green, orange, etc. were terrible for me. Tried on the copper and they were perfection. Gander Mountain has a display with all the models available to try on. If there is one near you it is worth the trip, but better hurry while they're still open.
I have been using the green ones for a few years. They go into every boot I own. They are not cheap but well worth it. BTW, I have normal feet.
I'd guess my arches are normal/medium. There was a Gander Mountain in Huntsville and Chattanooga but I'll have to check to see if they are still open.

Does the material shed water or will it hold water?

Thanks
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'd guess my arches are normal/medium. There was a Gander Mountain in Huntsville and Chattanooga but I'll have to check to see if they are still open.

Does the material shed water or will it hold water?

Thanks

I walk/hike in them several times a week with a weighted pack and I'm drenched in sweat when done. Been wearing them for several years now and never noticed if they shed or hold water so I'm guessing they shed but cant say for sure. I'll be on the trail this afternoon and will report back afterwards.

I can't stress enough how much I hated the green and orange and how much I love the copper. They are all very different and I highly recommend trying them all.
Another satisfied customer here in Sweden.

I just checked when I bought these insoles, and I have been using a pair of the Green SuperFeet insoles for nearly 5 years.

Even with essentially daily use, they are still OK -- they have flattened out only very VERY slightly. MUCH better than the 3 or 4 other brands I have used in the past (sorry, I can only recall one brand: Scholes gel insoles)

As FAIR CHASE posted, the SuperFeet insoles are not cheap but they are worth it.

These insoles do NOT absorb water.

John
[quote=FAIR_CHASE]I have been using the green ones for a few years. They go into every boot I own. They are not cheap but well worth it. BTW, I have normal feet.[/quote

This...
I have high arches and use the greens in a lot of my boots. They work great and can really help your feet feel good at the end of the day. I do landscaping so I'm on my feet all day and my feet don't feel sore after putting greens in. The greens in my work boots are 5+ years old and still do the trick pretty well.
Having tried both the SOLE modable and the Superfeet Greens, any and all future footbeds will be coming from Lathrop and Sons. IMO/E, there's not comparison. Their high country footbeds are the best I've used.
JCMCUBIC- I am surprised that your customs don't seem like they will last very long. I have a pair of customs that lasted 8 years before they needed redoing. I took them in and in less than an hour I was back in business. Foothills pedorthics in Golden Colorado did mine and they are worth every penny. I'm not sure where you are from but you might give them a call.
swede, when I went to their office and they made the insoles I was told to expect them to last a year under normal use. I'm still taking things very easy by my standards and I can see the edges curling on the top liner. I guess there are several ways insoles can be made with different materials. These are a base layer of dense cork with a top layer of a liner type material. It was heated, formed, and ground to the current fit. I guess I should look at other custom options that will last longer, especially under wet conditions as I was told that will shorten the life of the cork based insoles.
another vote for Copper. they work better for me than the blue or the green. i also have low arches, and a collapsed arch in the right foot. the copper inserts have done better for me than $500 custom inserts.
Originally Posted by pointer
Having tried both the SOLE modable and the Superfeet Greens, any and all future footbeds will be coming from Lathrop and Sons. IMO/E, there's not comparison. Their high country footbeds are the best I've used.

This is the direction I'm headed as well. I've used the Superfeet blue, green, and Guide. I've discovered I agree with Lathrop - most people don't need arch support, they need cushioning/blister relief. I routinely hike 15-20 miles a day carrying a 20 lb day pack and have no arch issues. I do on occasion get hot spots on my feet from the mileage. I tried a cushion insole, not Lathrop, and that seems to work better for me. BTW I have very flat feet.
bwinters, try the coppers. They are exaclty what you describe, cushion with little arch support. I tried green, orange, blue, etc. and none are even close to the feel of the coppers.

Jay, the insoles do not retain moisture, at least not that I can tell.
I use Powerstep Pro Tech in all of my shoes and throw away the ones that came with the shoe.

I also change out my insoles every six months in my work boots
Never used them before...or any insole. Looks like they will be a requirement from now on. Recently had a custom pair made, but I don't think they are going to last very long.

Looking for feedback on Superfeet Green (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/green) for general use and Carbon (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon) for use when a slimmer profile is needed.

For folks who've used the Green, the description says it is closed cell foam. Will the Green absorb water with the foam or any of the materials its constructed of?

Thanks

JCM,

They are not going to absorb water any more then the inside of your boot will.

Been wearing Superfeet for 6 years now, and wear them in my work shoes (I'm on my feet all day), in my hunting, hiking, and ski boots.

First, higher the arch, the more volume they use up in your shoe. I have what I'd describe as medium high arches, and a high instep. Green is generally too much volume, and I've settled on Blue and in a few boots Black. Black has the least amount of volume (don't know about the Carbon). Even though the Blue and Black insoles are for "normal" arches I find they work great for me, and leave a lot more volume than the Green. Superfeet cured my plantar faciitis. It literally took less than a week of wearing the insoles and the faciitis was gone and has never returned.........

If I don't have the luxury of a second pair of boots (like backpack hunting) I bring an extra set of insoles. Even if my boots aren't dry in the morning (which can be the case if camping) swapping out the insoles are almost as good as a dry pair of boots.

Casey
All,

I appreciate all the input and specifics. I've got to either order and try them or get to a store where I can try them. I can imagine that different shoes are going to need different insoles due to volume....one place where my current custom ones are lacking.

Thanks again,

JCM

Another Superfeet copper user here. Flat arches. Reminds me that I need to pick up another pair for my sheep hunting boots.
Update on this. I broke down several weeks ago, bit the bullet and threw a lot of money at the following:

Green
Blue
Carbon
Yellow (elevated heel shoes)

I've rotated them in/out of different shoes and have found that the shoe they are in makes as much of a difference as the insole and shape of your foot. Blue (and Carbon) seems to be the closest to the shape of my foot/arch. After trying them out I didn't think I would use the Green but it ends up it feels better than the Blue in one pair of shoes. The Yellow works well in a pair of work/riding boots with a slight heel. Carbon is really nice in tennis shoes and better overall than my custom orthodics.
HUGE fan of Superfeet here. Mostly Green but a couple low profile blues for tighter last shoes.

I also really like SOLE insoles. They are heat moldable - or, more accurately, just wear them on a really freaking warm day with a set of boots and they set themselves. The reason the SOLE's work better for me is that I had surgery on my right foot and that arch is a tad lower than the left. So, they can custom mold to my feet.

Anyway, insoles seriously rock. The Superfeet cured the blister problem I have lived with for 40 years. By spreading the impact across the whole of my foot and arch, they virtually eliminated all blisters.

I only wish I'd known these things when I was 12 years old hiking the Sierra and losing the whole ball and heel of both my feet due to blisters. Gawd, that was a bad, bad backpacking trip.
Superfeet Green here!
Recently discovered SofSole inserts. Bought 3 pair for various boots. They seem to be the ticket. I struggled a bit with Superfeet. I have really flat feet and most "arch support" insoles actually make my arch area ache at the end of the day.
bwinters, Superfeet have several pairs of low arch supports. You can find some brief descriptions here of the colors and match them to your arch...black or copper might work:

https://www.theinsolestore.com/blog/superfeet-premium-insoles-color-chart/
No copper? My feelings are hurt.
lol....I did just make a copper recommendation to bwinters!

Sorry, no copper for me. It's a little low but the kicker is it's semi-rigid. I knew I needed the rigid due to the injury and tried to focus on those only.
I like the cork inserts I buy from cabelas.
The custom ones I have are cork based but the top is already separating from them. After researching there's a lot of quality options out there that are mass produced, just a matter of finding the right fit for both the foot, the shoe it's going in, and the user's needs.
I'm under the impression that SF Green offer the most arch support. Sometimes I think I'd like something with a little more arch support. My feet are pretty normally arched.

Around 10 years ago Chaco, the company know for their rugged sandals, made fantastic insoles. I got a second free pair with a Chaco hiking boot purchase. Those insoles were purple and had a carbon fiber looking lower. They were really excellent. I used them for years.
The Green has a higher arch and are thicker overall so they take up more room in the shoe. The Blue has just as much "support" but it is a little lower arch height as well as being a little thinner. Volume can add some support, but there isn't much difference in the "support" between the Green and Blue - there is a noticeable difference in the height and volume between those two though. The Blue seems to fit closer to the shape of my foot than the Green.
Thanks, that's great to know. I've got a pair of work boots that won't accommodate the green insoles. I'll try the blue.
The custom ones I have are cork based but the top is already separating from them. After researching there's a lot of quality options out there that are mass produced, just a matter of finding the right fit for both the foot, the shoe it's going in, and the user's needs.

Just curious here JC, but what did you pay for the customs? That seems like a real short product life, if they are already showing wear.

I have customs and they are a hard-rigid plastic with a glued on neoprene type covering. I do have to have the covering replaced every couple years, but the plastic part that is made to match my arch really looks no worse for the wear and they are at least 8 or 9 years old. They did cost over $300 though, but I wear them every single day, all day.
Lonny,

I can't say yet for sure what I paid.... I know what I was "told" I would need to pay when they were made and I paid that upfront. Just last week I got a statement saying what I paid, what insurance paid, and how much more I owned. According to that statement it's going to be between $300 and $400. The kicker on this is that I was originally told that up front cost was the entire cost and insurance would not be billed. I'm pretty sore about it but haven't called yet to see what's up. I was told to expect them to last at least a year when they were made. They aren't plastic, but heated and formed cork with a glued on top cover..this was all trimmed and ground to fit around the edges.
I have greens in all my hunting boots.

They won't absorb water.

Custom orthotics are on their way out the door.

Dave
Superfeet green cost 39 dollars for a slim piece of plastic with no cushion. Are you kidding. Buy doctor sholes from you local fred meyer or walmart for 12 dollars and way more comfort.☺
Arch problems suck big time. You have my sympathy, JCM!

The Greens helped with my plantar fasciitis last fall. If I'd been using them PRIOR I wouldn't have had it to begin with! But the two pair of Salomon's I bought this spring, which come with Ortholite footbeds, seem equally effective.

I say this just because it bit my stupid ass... doubt others here are doing this, but just in case... but my feet (left in particular) grew in middle age, which was perhaps due to the arches flattening some, I don't know. I had always worn 12's and the jump to 13's is a huge difference physically and even psychologically <grin> so I continued to stuff my left, bigger foot into 12's. That in itself leads to arch problems. I'd never had luck with 13's because my right, smaller foot would have heel slip. However Salomon offers the Quest 4 in 12-1/2 which was perfect, and the low top 2's in a 13 still contained my right heel just fine... made a HUGE difference in the health of that bigger, left foot. Long story short just be sure your foot has plenty of room and don't assume that the size you've always worn is still the right size.
Originally Posted by sollybug
Superfeet green cost 39 dollars for a slim piece of plastic with no cushion. Are you kidding. Buy doctor sholes from you local fred meyer or walmart for 12 dollars and way more comfort.☺

Mmmm, no.

Dave
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

The Greens helped with my plantar fasciitis last fall. If I'd been using them PRIOR I wouldn't have had it to begin with! But the two pair of Salomon's I bought this spring, which come with Ortholite footbeds, seem equally effective.

I say this just because it bit my stupid ass... doubt others here are doing this, but just in case... but my feet (left in particular) grew in middle age, which was perhaps due to the arches flattening some, I don't know. I had always worn 12's and the jump to 13's is a huge difference physically and even psychologically <grin> so I continued to stuff my left, bigger foot into 12's. That in itself leads to arch problems. I'd never had luck with 13's because my right, smaller foot would have heel slip. However Salomon offers the Quest 4 in 12-1/2 which was perfect, and the low top 2's in a 13 still contained my right heel just fine... made a HUGE difference in the health of that bigger, left foot. Long story short just be sure your foot has plenty of room and don't assume that the size you've always worn is still the right size.

You gotta be really fugkin' stupid to not know when a shoe doesn't fit.

I mean really, really fugkin' stupid.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

You gotta be really fugkin' stupid to not know when a shoe doesn't fit.

I mean really, really fugkin' stupid.

Dave

I think what you just did there was say "If the shoe fits..."
Superfeet Orange for me. Green worked really well, too.
Originally Posted by starsky

I believe Orange is an even higher arch than Green--you must have a really, really, high arch!

Casey
Has anyone tried Superfeet Carbon?
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by starsky

I believe Orange is an even higher arch than Green--you must have a really, really, high arch!

Casey

I think the main/only difference is the extra padding in the front of the insole. Could be wrong though. Either way, they are very comfortable for me.
Orange for me too.
I have, Kingston, and for my feet they are perfect.

I have tried the Greens on two different boots and they are so bulky that they crush my feet against the boot. They would require a size larger, or half a size at least.
No offense chamois but.... did you take out the factory insoles first? smile
Originally Posted by kingston
Has anyone tried Superfeet Carbon?

They were the best fit for my foot. They are very slim with little to no bulk, and no padding. They are rigid in the arch support with no give. They differ from the blue/green in that they have a rounded bottom and the contour of them basically follows the contour of a foot...which makes them fit well in shoes that don't have a removable insole or still have a contoured footbed even after the insole is removed. The blue/green have a flat bottom, which works well in a boot that has a removeable insole with a flat footbed underneath.
hehe ... good question... but yes, I did 😁
© 24hourcampfire