Home
What are some good options for head and neck support? I've tried rolling up a jacket or stuffing a bag with a jacket. Neither seems to work. Ideas?

Thanks
Love my Sea-to-Summit inflatable pillow. Have a large and it works well for me.
I like the Big Sky Dreamsleeper. I put one of my shirts on it as a pillow case. Two birds with one stone.
I have the exped pillow, love that it serves two purposes, one to inflate my pad, the other to prop my head on at night.
Been happy with this one. Excellent support of the neck/head. Packs down to the size of a tennis ball.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6YXM7K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for the responses. Gives me some ideas.
I tried reading the reviews on a number of them. They all seem to be rated about the same with most reviewers liking them but a few hating them. I guess it's all individual taste.
I bought a Exped pillow, used it for 4 nights sleeping on the ground. Pillow was very comfortable. Exped Down Pillow Packs down small, good head and neck support. I sleep on my side.
has good luck with this one this weekend. https://www.rei.com/product/719843/therm-a-rest-compressible-pillow its puffs up when after its been out for a bit. The thing I liked is it stayed put and didn't slide under my head, like the sea to summit inflatable, I didn't think about my pillow which told me it worked awesome in actual use. Its not the most compact setup out there so its for when your not from from your vehicle but still want something that is somewhat compact. The sea to summit is more of a backpacking option, my has a hole in it right now BTW.
I was one of the people that couldn't grasp why anyone would carry a pillow backpacking. Last year in the Frank Church Wilderness a buddy brought one. For some reason I wished that I had gotten one as well. This year I tried every one that REI carries and it was a landslide for the Therm-a-rest. All the inflatables felt like you were laying on a balloon. The TR is a legit pillow.

Carried it for 14 days this fall backpacking. It'll go on every trip.
Slumberjack camp pillow. https://slumberjack.com/slumberloft-camp-pillow/

I used one on a Mountain Goat backpack hunt in Alaska last fall. Plus took it on a float trip hunt for Moose. Slept like a baby.
I'm a side sleeper. I find that inflatables are too hard, even when you leave them fairly flat. They make my ears sore. I usually use a Sportsmans Whs version of Roundoak's Slumberjack. It weighs very little and gives good support.

This summer I took a boy scout troop on a llama pack trip. One of the boys showed up with a piece of 3" MEMORY foam, about 15x24". Do you have any idea how much that stuff weighs? That must have been a 10lb pillow.
Originally Posted by CrzyTrekker
Love my Sea-to-Summit inflatable pillow. Have a large and it works well for me.
I've got 60+ nights on my Sea-to-Summit in the past two years and I love it. I normally use a fleece underneath it, but it's far and away the best backpacking pillow I've used.
I was given a Cocoon brand pillow two years ago... wouldn't backpack without it. 3.5oz's of pure comfort.

Were I buying myself I'd likely go Exped or Sea To Summit.
I have tried several and the larger Exped is the best I have found. I won’t go without it.
Love my Sea to Summit
© 24hourcampfire