Home

My trapping cabin is back in. About 3 days by small boat. That is, 3 days IF conditions allow and the river is "just right."
To fly in with a larger solid body craft takes too big of a plane, so no go there.

I'd just like to be able to use a craft to cross the river, fish, snd explore. Most use would be in the winter, my river doesn't freeze up, except flr the edges so it could be handy.
I was thinking of a PackRaft, but I don't want to deal with patching holes on the flexable material in the cold. And therefore I was thinking I might leave the Oru assembled year round, and that itshard surface "might" be an easier fix should I get a leak.

Thoughts.?

I’ve looked careful at them at Outdoor Retailer and I know they have been used on some pretty extensive trips, but what I’d worry about is the UV degradation in leaving them assembled. Maybe no worse than a hard shell kayak in that aspect, but I’d give them a call with your questions.
Sounds like a pretty cool option for you if it will hold up.

Thank you, Ed. Very kind of you to respond.

Perhaps a couple coats of paint might help protect her.
They are very well made and I have watched the progression in design from their early prototypes to what they have now.
I have thought seriously about getting one myself.

358wsm, you are living my dream. I looked in purchasing some remote traplines in both AK and parts of Canada back in the mid 1970’s. Then the coyote prices took off and I stayed put. Have regretted it ever since.

EdT,

Thanks for the report, I appreciate it.

Yes I have been given a wonderful opportunity, in a wonderful place, truely. I really can't express how grateful I am. Sort of like the pesant invited to the kings table, an incredable honor to say the least.
© 24hourcampfire