Home
Posted By: 54Woody Sad news on KUIU website - 09/06/18
THE VISIONARY
We are shocked and saddened to announce the tragic passing of KUIU founder Jason Hairston. His legacy lives on in KUIU’s spirit of relentless innovation.
Just saw that, sounds like he was on a hunt when he died. Terrible
Posted By: broomd Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/06/18
Conflicting reports about whether this was suicide or accidental. Possible negligent discharge....Either way, a real pioneer in the industry lost.
Yes, and just damned sad regardless. Never met him but sure seemed like a good guy. Leaves two kids and a wife ... :-(
Posted By: ChrisF Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/07/18
From the Kuiu Webpage;
We are incredibly saddened to report that Jason Hairston, the visionary leader and founder of KUIU, was found dead at his home in Dixon, CA on Sept. 4, 2018. He took his own life. He is survived by his wife Kirstyn and 2 children. The family has requested that donations be made to support CTE-related research at the Boston University Concussion Legacy Foundation in lieu of sending flowers.

https://www.kuiu.com/about-us.html
Sad news. Prayers on the way for his family.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/07/18
All of us with a healthy brain have no clue, and cannot begin to understand, the struggles of a person who battles a sick brain. So sad.
Posted By: Gies340 Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/08/18
Breaks my heart...
Came out of a successful mountain goat hunt to hear the news. Lots of their gear in use.
Jason Hairston was a superior hunter! I read the new yesterday and cried. It's always the people we admire the most, we lose. I knew several men who knew Jason and only had great things to say about him. He was uncompromising with his family, hunting and his few businesses. I can only pray that Jason knew The Lord. May his wife and children be covered under the shadow of the Lord, so they can heal and be stronger.

Also, Jason was at home when he did it. His Son (Cash) was in the house but downstairs. Thank God Cash did not see it. His wife was in NY on a pleasure trip that Jason pushed her to take.

All the Staff at KUIU are very heart broken! So, give grace when calling. They lost their leader, visionary and pioneer! Jason and I shared the same custom rifle built by one of the best - Steve Boswell.
Posted By: Gies340 Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/10/18
https://people.com/sports/jason-hairston-wife-speaks-out-about-cte/
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/10/18
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Sad news. Prayers on the way for his family.

x2

RIP Jason. And peace to the Hairston family in this difficult time.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Sad news on KUIU website - 09/10/18

I never knew Jason personally, but I became acquainted with his outdoors products that filled a need, and I found to my surprise that he had established a business tie with Toray Chemicals, a Japan company that makes light weight, high tech waterproof fabrics. Toray's head office is in Osaka, right down the street from where I used to live, so naturally I followed his story with great interest.

Indeed, I've now bought several of his products, which impress me tremendously. His ability to move from pro football into a successful business seemed highly noteworthy and rare.

Now that's not so special a connection, I guess, but I do mourn his passing and my heart goes out to him and his family. We have lost a good man.

Didn't stay in the ring.
Sad times. RIP Jason.
Prayers for his family and co-workers.
© 24hourcampfire