Home
Posted By: jackmountain Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/19/18
Anyone own both? I wear a 11D in the meindl but need E in some boots. Does Lowas fit similar or run small to size? Nowhere close to try them.
Also, I'm replacing my Cabela's/meindl perfekt hikers. Been hearing the new ones arent wearing as long as the old ones from a few years back. Anybody wear the lowa Ranger III? Is there a better alternative I should consider?
Posted By: kingston Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/19/18
Jack,

You might want to check out the Zamberlan 1030. I ordered a pair on a whim and they’re the nicest boots I’ve ever had my hands on. Optic’s planet just dropped the price $100. They’ve got free shipping and free returns. Seriously insane boot. The fit is on the normal to maybe slightly wide rather than narrower side. Leather lined, Goretex, stitched on soles (welted construction), etc.
Posted By: RockChucker30 Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/20/18
Think I wore an 11D in Meindl Canadian. I wear a 12W in Lowa Hunter /Tibet.
Posted By: ghostrider272 Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/24/18
Recently tested a pair of Meindl/Cabelas Perfekt Hikers with a Pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots. The Menials were very comfortable, but had a lot of extra space in the toe box area that didn't make it comfortable for one foot when I bent down. The Lowas were much better suited for my feet. I guess you could call them more narrow as RockChurker30 has alluded to in his post.
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/25/18
Not even all Lowa fit the same. Used to wear the old Ranger. It don't fit me now. Have the Camino and it is narrow and short. Have two pair of one they discontinued and it fits. I wear size 9. Have a pair of original Island Pro and think they equate tom9 1/2. Seems they are all different. If you find some that really fit and work for you, buy more while they are the same.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/25/18

I’ve never found any correlation between different brands of boots relating to size. As others have indicated size is not always true within the same brand. IMO one either tries the boots on before purchasing or it’s a crapshoot...
Posted By: skeen Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/25/18
Originally Posted by Poconojack
As others have indicated size is not always true within the same brand. IMO one either tries the boots on before purchasing or it’s a crapshoot...

Man, ain't that the truth. That said, I have a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots in 12.5M. I usually wear a 13. So, whatever that is worth.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Meindl to Lowa fit - 11/25/18
One thing I just noticed on boot sizing between the brands is it pays to check the Euro sizing they use. Since most of the mentioned boots are Euro boots that also list the Euro size and then the associated US size it pays to see how they actually do that. For instance I've always been pretty happy with Kayland boots since they run a bit narrower and I have a slightly narrower foot. So I always have ordered a US 10 1/2 Kayland and they fit perfect until the last new pair. I checked the Euro size for the 10 1/2's and they list it as 43.5, lots of the other makes are from 44 to 44.5 for the US 10 1/2. Hope that makes sense?? Guess what I'm saying it check the Euro sizing it sometimes is more exact and easier to fit once you know what size works for you.

So now I know if a boot is a 10 1/2 44.5 its a perfect fit, if its a 10 1/2 44 or 43.5 then its too small.
© 24hourcampfire