Home
Posted By: jackmountain Cabela's meindl - 04/07/19
Are they discontinuing these models? Was going to buy a new pair of hikers and they aren't showing them. No hunters or Alaskan hunter either.

Thinking of going lowa ranger or Tibets.
Posted By: pointer Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/08/19
I think they have went the way of the dodo. Hoffman boots in ID offers "real" Meindls if that's what fits you well. My next boots will be those or something from Lathrop and Sons.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/09/19
I went thru this myself. Used to really like those boots. Settled on the Lowa Tibet, had to go wide to match the fit as Lowas generally run narrow. But couldn’t be happier. They’ve been thru hell and back.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/09/19
Those Hoffman explorers look like good boots!
Posted By: Bigvalleyboy Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/10/19
I was in a cabelas store last week and asked to try a pair. They told me only had a handful of sizes left because they were being discontinued. BPS is really turning them into [bleep] in a hurry.
Posted By: fishslap Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/13/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Are they discontinuing these models? Was going to buy a new pair of hikers and they aren't showing them. No hunters or Alaskan hunter either.

Thinking of going lowa ranger or Tibets.

I have a pair of size 13 meindl hikers that I keep meaning to post for sale on Rokslide. I’ve had them a few years but only worn outside a couple times. Same for a pair of size 14 lowa rangers. I decided to go with 13 scarpa kinesis pro.
Posted By: TomM1 Re: Cabela's meindl - 04/13/19
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy
I was in a cabelas store last week and asked to try a pair. They told me only had a handful of sizes left because they were being discontinued. BPS is really turning them into [bleep] in a hurry.

x2

I did the same, wanted perfect hunters, ended up with Denali’s which fit good but ended up returning them because they were too stiff. If I still sheep and goat hunted I would have found nirvana, but was looking for something little less stiff. Wish the perfect hunter/biker was still available. Hate BPS. They also changed the microtex pants I used to buy.
© 24hourcampfire