Home
Posted By: add Squeaky Boots - 05/14/19
Have a comfortable and broken in pair of Lowa boots that squeak and have done so from the git, if I recall.

The noise comes from the upper ankle and tongue area. They are calf-skin lined and have never been treated with anything.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/14/19
I'd try treating the squeaky area with something.
Posted By: RCL Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/14/19
I have leather lined Lowas with the same problem.
Ever so often I treat the area with Kennetrek boot wax and it goes away.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
A fix that works sometimes is to cut a piece of thin plastic bag and insert it between tongue and the lace sides. If it is caused by leather rubbing there, the plastic often stops the sound. Greasing it in the squeaky spot may help, may not.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd try treating the squeaky area with something.

+1
Posted By: SeanD Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
Squirt of talc powder or wind checker whatever that stuff is - fixes mine.
Posted By: Adamjp Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
I have some Meindl Island MFS Pros with the same issue.

A good coating of Sport Wax on the tongue and inner upper (behind the laces fixing tags) solves the problem for a few months of hunting.
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
I usually slather some extra Obenaufs in the tongue area of a squeaky pair of boots. Always worked well so far.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
I'm learning something here. I always thought that noise was my creaky ankles.
Posted By: lostleader Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
+1 on waxing the outer (not inner) leather.
Must help the outer flex and not bind on lining. One of my old banffs does this and the other boot does not.
Posted By: centershot Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/15/19
Last few pairs of Danner boots I had squeaked after a season or two. I called them once and they said it was the heal cup coming loose. I could send them in and they would repair them (for about the same price as a new pair of boots)............
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Squeaky Boots - 05/16/19
+1 on the Danners squeaking problem. I even used a hypodermic to inject silicone in the sole sandwich. Didn't work, gave 'em away.
Posted By: KLM Re: Squeaky Boots - 06/09/19
Heat the area up with a hair dryer and rub in Kennetreck or any other boot grease.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Squeaky Boots - 06/11/19
My Lowa's also squeak, have yet to find a cure.
Posted By: Reba Re: Squeaky Boots - 07/02/19
Had a pair of very expensive boots that squeaked. Took them back to Cabelas and they gave me another pair. Went to the Shot Show that same year, walked into the boot makers booth and made a comment about the squeaky boots. The guy in the booth looked and pointed at me and said, "YOUR THE GUY!" He said I need to wax them once in a while. I wax them once in a while and never have a problem. I do use Kenetrek wax.

Be sure to do the tongue and lace area
© 24hourcampfire