Home
Posted By: Stilllearning Short inseam rain pants - 07/06/19
I’m in the market for a new pair of rain pants . I really like the looks and features of the Kuiu Chugach, but the 33” inseam won’t work very well for my 29-30” inseam.
Is there something with these features in a shorter length ?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19
Pull them up higher
Don’t think that will work
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19

Cut...sew...seam seal ?
Posted By: Judman Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Cut...sew...seam seal ?

Solid advice.... 😎👍😂
So you guys have tailors that you have enough confidence in to shorten the legs on a pair of $260 pants that have a gore Tex membrane , and leg zippers ?
I don’t trust one that much .
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19
There's something for everyone on the web.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19
Tuck them into gaiters.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19

Roll 'em up on the inside?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/07/19
Originally Posted by Stilllearning
So you guys have tailors that you have enough confidence in to shorten the legs on a pair of $260 pants that have a gore Tex membrane , and leg zippers ?
I don’t trust one that much .

GoreTex & waterproof is NOT synonymous.

After years of trying “the best” of rain proof gear, I learned it does not exist. Either you get wet with rain, or you get wet with sweat. Wet is wet.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/08/19
I had the same issue with Rivers West pants. They didn't make a combination of waist and inseam length that'd work. Fine for skinny little metrosexual twerps. frown I bought a pair to fit my inseam length and HOPED I'd be able to wear them but they were way too tight around the waist. I tried them a time or two, failed, and they would up on the burn pile.

Best thing I've found is Helly-Hanson neoprene bibs. The small size are short enough not to drag but they still fit around my waist ok.

Tom
Posted By: Brad Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/08/19
https://www.marmot.com/precip-eco-f...=men_bottoms_waterproof-and-rain#start=1
Posted By: tdbob Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/10/19
Rain kilt with gaiters.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Short inseam rain pants - 07/10/19
A few years on a crane barge in Alaska...I can advise you what NOT to do. Don't blouse them with rubber bands. When you go in the drink, and you will, they will trap air near your feet, and your head will sink. It takes a strong man to take a rigging knife to a new 150 buck Grunden's bib, but funerals are pricey too.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Short inseam rain pants - 08/17/19
At least you can roll them up, I am always stuck looking for pants 34+ in length.
© 24hourcampfire