Home
Posted By: mhouck06 Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/25/19
Looking for some bino bivy recommendations. I am planning on spending a significant amount of money on a pair of binoculars and want to make sure they are protected well. I currently run an Alaska Guide Creations for my Monarchs and I have been pretty happy with it.. I am just posting this to see if anyone else has any other ideas. Around home I think the SLC 15x56 will be used on a tripod system but out west they will most likely used in the bivy. I figured even around home though, I can transport them in a bivy to and from the field. The only other brand I've been interested in so far is the blacks creep due to the pistol holster on front but I am open to any and all options.

Thanks!
I really like my Outdoor Vision ridgetop .
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/25/19
The brand new Kuiu is great
Posted By: Bearded Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/25/19
I have the FHF and wish they opened like the KUIU. That said they are very modular and well built and I still like them.
Marsupial gear has a nice one, I'm using a Alaskan guide creation and does everything it should!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
I carry my 15x56s in a FHF.

The AGC keeps everything 100% free of dirt and snow but I can't get used to the bulkiness and the hinge bunching up against my chest when opened.

The FHF has let some snow in when the snow was blowing sideways, but that's been my only complaint with them. Even though the sides are open near the ocular lens, when the lid is tight enough it has kept dust out for the most part.

Every other brand I have tried (Kuiu, Marsupial, Outdoor Research, plus some others) has let too much dust in. Until I find something better, FHF is best in my mind.
FHF with a Razco Holster is a sweet setup.
Posted By: kingston Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
I use the AGC bino packs. I have a big one and a standard size.
Posted By: mhouck06 Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
Thanks for the great replies!! Definitely going to check these out!
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
I like the looks of the marsupial, but haven't used one. I use a HPG kit bag, and dig it. Binos, rangefinder, and pistol all handy.
Posted By: handwerk Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
I've been very happy with my marsupial gear setup.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by cwh2
I like the looks of the marsupial, but haven't used one. I use a HPG kit bag, and dig it. Binos, rangefinder, and pistol all handy.

I have the Marsupial and its only downside is it doesn't fully cover the binoculars like some of the packs do now days.
Badlands Bino XR or D Mag are both great options. If you like a sleaker model the D Mag is gonna be the ticket plus a spot for your rangefinder. Personally I like the xr model for the side pockets.
Posted By: Boman Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 09/29/19
Check out T and K hunting products. They are a new company. All US materials and made in USA. Veteran owned. Great bino rigs.
I tuck in my jacket or rest on top because no pouch is worth $100-$300 to me? What is driving bino pouch pricing?
Posted By: mtwarden Re: Bino Bivy Recommendations - 09/29/19
definitely check out both FHF and Marsupial- I own one of each

if you are looking for a holster option, I concur with the above- the FHF/Razco combo is excellent

[Linked Image from imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire