Home
Posted By: Steven60 Daypack - 09/24/19
Does anyone offer a decent quality blaze orange daypack that accepts a hydration bladder? I'd like to have unpadded shoulder straps too, but doubt those are available except as a custom modification. I want it for still/slip deer hunting. Unpadded shoulder straps because they don't affect length of pull much. Doesn't need to be real big; just room for lunch, hunting knife, dressing-out gloves and such. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Daypack - 09/24/19
Maybe one of these, with some webbing straps rigged up? My old Talon came with provisions to attach a included basic shoulder strap system, but I'm not sure if that's still available.

https://seekoutside.com/base-talon-blaze-orange/
Posted By: Holston Re: Daypack - 09/24/19
If that’s all you’ll be carrying, you might get by with one of the larger hydration packs and be fine. Blaze orange will be tough to find though.
Posted By: KC Re: Daypack - 09/25/19

The Osprey Stratos 34 & 36 are both offered in bright orange. I have the Osprey Talon 22 (orange) and I often wish it was a little bit bigger. But aside from that, it's a great orange daypack.

Osprey Stratos 34

[Linked Image from osprey.com]
Posted By: mtwarden Re: Daypack - 09/29/19
if you're not carrying very much, maybe a lumbar pack would suffice? won't effect draw at all. are you wearing an orange vest? a lumbar pack wouldn't cover up any orange was it up

also you can get inexpensive orange panels that will attach to any daypack (or backpack for that matter)
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Daypack - 09/30/19
I just carry an extra cheap, light vest and put it on my pack. Put it on the antlers when carrying out a critter.

mike r
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Daypack - 10/08/19
Originally Posted by mtwarden
if you're not carrying very much, maybe a lumbar pack would suffice? won't effect draw at all. are you wearing an orange vest? a lumbar pack wouldn't cover up any orange was it up

also you can get inexpensive orange panels that will attach to any daypack (or backpack for that matter)

This , I use a tenzing fanny pack that has shoulder straps to slip hunt to my stands and blinds. It is not blaze but is hydration compatible. It will carry what you want. It wouldn't take much to tie on a blaze bandana if that is a concern.
Posted By: Steven60 Re: Daypack - 10/12/19
Thanks for the suggestions. I currently use an old green Jansport daypack that I sewed pieces of shoestring into to hang the hydration bladder. I sewed an orange vest over that.
Posted By: JRK Re: Daypack - 10/12/19
I have an MR Pintler. I am using it for 1-3 nights out as well as long day hunts where I hope to pack out meat. I have also had/used a kuiu 1850 and eberlestock x1 and x2. I just packed out a whole boned out blacktail plus my lwt camp 6 miles, worked great. I fitted a top lid, adds a bit of space for longer trips. I am very interested in the pop ups, seems the 28 would just barely work for overnight, tough when meat enters the pack out equation along with camp. I would go at least 2000 cu for any overnighting and I personally think that the meat shelf that many of the good hunting packs have is a near must for meat hauling. MR mule might be another idea...
I have an MR Pintler. I am using it for 1-3 nights out as well as long day hunts where I hope to pack out meat. I have also had/used a kuiu 1850 and eberlestock x1 and x2. I just packed out a whole boned out blacktail plus my lwt camp 6 miles, worked great. I fitted a top lid, adds a bit of space for longer trips. I am very interested in the pop ups, seems the 28 would just barely work for overnight, tough when meat enters the pack out equation along with camp. I would go at least 2000 cu for any overnighting and I personally think that the meat shelf that many of the good hunting packs have is a near must for meat hauling. MR mule might be another idea...
Sorry, wrong thread, weird was looking at MR pop up discussion when I replied. Damn phone
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Daypack - 10/13/19
Why not a cover for your current bag?

[Linked Image from decathlon.co.uk]
© 24hourcampfire