Home
Posted By: MadMooner Costco merino - 10/13/19
Picked up a couple middish weight base layer tops at Costco yesterday. Half merino wool and half “Primaloft” poly. I think they were about $18 per?

Anyway, just passing it on. They have merino blend stuff most years, usually different labels on them. This year it’s Karbon.

I like the blend, they perform quite well for my use, and I’m not paying 3x the price for a company add campaign.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Costco merino - 10/13/19
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Picked up a couple middish weight base layer tops at Costco yesterday. Half merino wool and half “Primaloft” poly. I think they were about $18 per?

Anyway, just passing it on. They have merino blend stuff most years, usually different labels on them. This year it’s Karbon.

I like the blend, they perform quite well for my use, and I’m not paying 3x the price for a company add campaign.

I got several of the Karbon merino shirts. For a few dollars, they are unbeatable.
Exact same weight/quality as REI brand, but REI’s are $80.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19

Picked up a couple of Costco's "Gerry" down sweaters for $29.99 each and wore in the Cascades in freezing weather. Great value!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19
They have some Eddie Bauer puffies for about $50 too.

They’ve usually got a few things that are hard to beat, dollar for dollar, for most of us.
Posted By: EdM Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19
Bought up in 2016 for a brown bear hunt and they were fine.
Posted By: headwatermike Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19
My wife picked up a couple of those for me and I love them. I'm going to send her for a couple more.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19
I wear Costco mid weight merino wool socks over 6 months a year, love them.
Posted By: Muskrat2090 Re: Costco merino - 10/14/19
How does the sizing run on the tops, true to size, small any talls?
Posted By: EdM Re: Costco merino - 10/15/19
I just bought more and more of their socks for the boys at Christmas.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Costco merino - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by Muskrat2090

I usually buy the Lrg. I'm 6'1 and 210ish. Long torso.

They fit me fine. Never seen a tall but id buy them if i did.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Costco merino - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by Muskrat2090

I usually buy the Lrg. I'm 6'1 and 210ish. Long torso.

They fit me fine. Never seen a tall but id buy them if i did.

My build exactly - Yosemite Sam!

Harder than hell trying to find an undershirt/shirt to fit right and finding a comfortable car to sit in is damn near impossible (trucks for me).
Posted By: Muskrat2090 Re: Costco merino - 10/18/19
Thanks for the sizing comments.
Posted By: efw Re: Costco merino - 10/18/19
Dang my location doesn’t have em yet
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Costco merino - 10/19/19

https://www.costco.com/mens-clothing.html
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/19/19
Costco's merino socks are all I wear all winter. Usually this store would get in a shipment in the fall and when they run out, that's it for the year. This last year, they've had them all year. I still have an unopened bundle from last year that I got just in case.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Costco merino - 10/19/19
Have to try those. Been buying the 32 Degree, made from recycled plastic bottles for several years. Those are cheap, warm, and very comfortable as a light base layer. I wear the short-sleeve shirts all year. They wick very well, unlike cotton, and wear like iron. Have yet to have any of that wear out. Took a while, but tbey finally realized that men needed a weiner port.

Their socks are all I wear all year. Tried some fakes from Sportsmans Guide, but they sucked. Less Merino, and wore out quickly.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Costco merino - 10/19/19
Originally Posted by Pappy348
tbey finally realized that men needed a weiner port.

Never understood that concept. Easier to just pull the waist band down. But I digress...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/19/19

The store here has them but they're 100% merino, not a blend. I bought one to try it and it feels great. I'm going to get several more. They're fairly thin but you can't beat $20 for real wool.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Costco merino - 10/20/19
I wonder if they will come in Verde or Vais?
Posted By: Kurt52 Re: Costco merino - 10/24/19
In Canada COSTCO had been selling Paraox poly/merino blend zip neck tees and long johns. Both are great items that that I much prefer to KUIU merino as they are 5X tougher, they dry out 5X faster (sweat0 and cost 1/5 as much. I have some from 5 or 6 years ago going strong. Not sure what they are selling this year. Will have to look if I get down there.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Costco merino - 10/25/19
I've been wearing the Merino shirt for a month and when they had our PFD sale at $15, I picked up three more.
The NorthFace down jacket/shirt was a great buy at $25. They also have a NorthFace heavy puffy for $150.
This week that had a Marmot down jacket also.....$80 I think.
Posted By: efw Re: Costco merino - 10/26/19
Can’t find it on website but keeping my eyes open at our store; ask a stocker every time I’m through there.

This stuff is even less expensive than the Amazon brand.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Costco merino - 10/26/19
I only found the long sleeve tee shirts for 20 bucks... but they were really thin so I passed on the tee shirt
Posted By: ironbender Re: Costco merino - 10/26/19
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
I only found the long sleeve tee shirts for 20 bucks... but they were really thin so I passed on the tee shirt

They are a bit thin, but that’s ok. It’s a base layer. Plus, I don’t stank in them.

The poly tops will be stunk up right now.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/28/19
They're a bit thin but that way they fit very well under almost anything. It's good stuff.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Costco merino - 10/28/19
Yep. Surprisingly warm for the weight and they sure as schit don’t keep you wet.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/29/19
I was in Costco today and they have some Pendleton shirts for $40. I thought no way at that price but I had to look. Cotton. Drat.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
This'll get expensive. My wife tried on one of my new merino shirts to see if she likes the feel. She does. Now she wants some in her size.
Posted By: CanadianLefty Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
Are the Merino wool back in stock at your local Costco? I have one, like it and want another. My area locations sold out of stock about 6 weeks ago. None online either.
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Are the Merino wool back in stock at your local Costco? I have one, like it and want another. My area locations sold out of stock about 6 weeks ago. None online either.
Wool what?
Posted By: CanadianLefty Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The store here has them but they're 100% merino, not a blend. I bought one to try it and it feels great. I'm going to get several more. They're fairly thin but you can't beat $20 for real wool.

^this wink
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty

^this wink
They have quite a few but in only 3 colors - black, gray, and blue.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
I have the 80% merino socks from Costco and I no longer use cotton socks for anything but the most casual wear.

They wear great and keep me warm!
Originally Posted by czech1022
I have the 80% merino socks from Costco and I no longer use cotton socks for anything but the most casual wear.

Unless I'm in snow, I wear those socks and Crocs all winter.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by czech1022

Unless I'm in snow, I wear those socks and Crocs all winter.

CROCS??
Good God, man!

Shoot a .270 too?

Yeah, I wear them as slippers. wink
I shot a 270 for years. Got a lot of elk with it, too. As for Crocs, I'm old enough to not give a damn what others think of my clothes. I dress for comfort and Crocs are the best.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
Settle down, Kaitlyn. I'm joking.

Really, just kidding you.
Posted By: kingston Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
I shot a 270 for years. Got a lot of elk with it, too. As for Crocs, I'm old enough to not give a damn what others think of my clothes. I dress for comfort and Crocs are the best.

Crocs are ridiculously comfortable. Sometimes I think it's a blessing how short Croc season is in the northern latitudes. Right about the time I'm no longer self-conscious about wearing them in public, it's just about time for boots. I'll admit, earlier this Fall I wore them for almost a month with socks. I think I'm building a tolerance to the shame— or maybe it's an intolerance.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Costco merino - 10/30/19
[Linked Image from di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net]
Posted By: kingston Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
OMG!!!!!!

What's behind the holes, more built in sock?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
No eye deer, but assume so. https://www.crocs.com/c/shop-by/style/fuzz-lined-shoes
Posted By: CanadianLefty Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
They have quite a few but in only 3 colors - black, gray, and blue.

Thank you. That's what sold out at my Costco. I bought a grey one but much prefer last year's colors of green and brown. If you see any green/browns, please pm me smile
Posted By: rost495 Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
Fairbanks had nothing yesterday. And I wanted hiking sticks too. None of them either. Going to try online see if that works
Posted By: rost495 Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by kingston

Crocs are ridiculously comfortable. Sometimes I think it's a blessing how short Croc season is in the northern latitudes. Right about the time I'm no longer self-conscious about wearing them in public, it's just about time for boots. I'll admit, earlier this Fall I wore them for almost a month with socks. I think I'm building a tolerance to the shame— or maybe it's an intolerance.

Was wearing em in March here, still wearing em today....
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Settle down, Kaitlyn. I'm joking.

Really, just kidding you.
That's what you say NOW. We know that you're a repressed Crocaphobic and that your mother forced you to shoot a plain, boring 30-06 when all your friends had sexy 270's.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Costco merino - 10/31/19
LOL.
© 24hourcampfire