Home
Posted By: VernAK Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 02/27/20
The Lipton Knorr Pasta Sides make for a very inexpensive, lightweight meal for the backwoods.
brown a bit of fish or meat to mix in.

Walmart was $1 per package today so I brought home $100 worth.
Posted By: KC Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 02/27/20
Vern:

You are right on. I have been using Lypton/Knorr dehydrated casseroles for several years. They are tastey, inexpensive, lightweight, and easy to prepare. I like to add some meat, same as you. Pre-cooked bacon wieghs very little and adds just a little zest.

Can't get them here for $1 each though. Too bad. Backpackers in your neighborhood, should scarf up as many as they can while they can.

KC

Plus, you’re now ready for the apocalypse!
Posted By: GregW Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/05/20
I love those too....

I'll bring some premade chicken pieces next to the packaged tuna and top the rice off with that. Great change from freeze-dried meals on a mountain.
Posted By: ribka Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/05/20
Originally Posted by VernAK
The Lipton Knorr Pasta Sides make for a very inexpensive, lightweight meal for the backwoods.
brown a bit of fish or meat to mix in.

Walmart was $1 per package today so I brought home $100 worth.

I throw in chicken or tuna from foil pouches. Not bad a. bit of variety from the freeze dried stuff
I use em too, along with the Idahoan mashed potatoes in pouches.
Posted By: atse Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/08/20
I use them a lot in the fall. Carry a small pot on the pack horse.During mid day, I slip down to a lake and water my horses, and catch a couple fish. Cook a couple up in a piece of foil, cook a pot of noodles and have a big meal. Go back and glass until dark, ride an hour back to camp. A good hot meal a day, will keep you out there hunting for a long time.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/08/20
There's some new and interesting flavors this year.

I like to flake some leftover fish fillet into most any of the Knorr flavors especially the
Asiago Cheese and cracked pepper rice.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/09/20
Looks like a great idea. I will look for them.
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 03/22/20
I love those things. Ever since I was young I used to love it when my mom would whip up a few different ones of those then brown up a bunch of cubed elk or deer and just toss it on top of the pasta.

I still do it with moose and caribou, heck caribou and knot garlic butter shells is what we had for dinner last night. Always been one of my favorites.
Posted By: Bater Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 04/23/20
I make freezer bag meals using Knorr rice or noodles, less mess and weight for 6-8 day backpack hunts.
Posted By: Glynn Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 04/25/20
Do these have to be simmered or can you just add boiling water and wrap them up?
Posted By: KC Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 04/26/20
Originally Posted by Glynn
Do these have to be simmered or can you just add boiling water and wrap them up?

Glynn:

I boil the water first, then pour in the makins' including some meat and I stir ocasionally to to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer for eight minutes, remove them from the stove and wait a few to cool. BTW the stove top directiions call for water and milk. I don't use milk. I add the amount of water and milk to arrive at how much water then add a tablespoon of margarine, or two cafe packs or margarine.

KC
Posted By: JonS Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 04/26/20
The knorr and lipton and a foil of tuna is a great go to for carbs and protein and warmth at night. I like em for sure.
Posted By: Glynn Re: Lipton Knorr pasta sides - 04/27/20
Been thinking about leaving the jetboil at the truck for a few years and using some of the other gear I got. Does anyone try simmering in a jetboil?
© 24hourcampfire