Home
Posted By: dennisinaz La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX - 04/01/20
Anyone run these boots? I can't find anything in the search and reviews are pretty much not hunting related. Need steep country boots that will work with an occasional heavy load. Kennetreks didn't cut it.
I don't like them. I had a pair they did not hold up well. I like the Karakorum much better and they have held up well.
Lightweight, reasonably stiff, insulated (though not heavily), soft soles with a lot of grip on rock... I find them to be a good three-season, mountaineering boot.

As with all mountaineering buts, for hiking in easy terrain there are more flexible and comfortable options.
I just got a pair of the Trangos and the Salewa Vultur. Haven't worn them outside yet. Trying to decide if they are the right size
I'm hard to fit and these were very comfortable for me. I wore them on an Alaskan sheep hunt and didn't get a single blister. To me, they were a great balance of weight and rigidity. I'm a fan though I can't really comment on their long-term durability since I rarely hunt in terrain steep enough to justify wearing them.
I sent my 44s back and ordered 43.5s. They came today. I haven't opened the box- It's quarantined! wink
© 24hourcampfire