Home
Posted By: lawnman Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/22/20
Thoughts on this. So my glock 19 serves double duty as my bed stand hd gun and rides in the truck during the day. Not using this one concealed. Looking to add a rail mounted weapon light. Probably a surefire hrlr1 I believe it is. Thought on this from someone who uses them please.
Posted By: lawnman Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/22/20
So it's a stream light trl1 not surefire. Thx
The TLR series tactical lights are excellent.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/22/20
Have surefire, streamlight, inforce, and O light.

Onlight really surprised me how great they are and the rechargeable units are actually nice. Look at them if you haven’t.

Surefire x300 will illuminate the moon, but it’s huge and expensive

Inforce is nice and not expensive, but not as bright. Weigh less and tend to be narrower

Streamlight is very hard to beat for the money though. I tend to fall back on streamlight the most.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/22/20
I chose the Streamlight TLR8 AG.

Fits like it was made specifically for the G19.

From their website:

[Linked Image from streamlight.com]

500 lumens, green laser. I like it.
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Streamlight is very hard to beat for the money though. I tend to fall back on streamlight the most.

This.
For the money Streamlight TLR 1 and the new O-lights are awesome and plenty reliable. I get a significant discount on surefire and thusly have a couple x300’s and and xh35 that I won’t be giving up anytime soon.
Posted By: greghaz Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/23/20
Another Streamlight TLR vote here.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/23/20
I have also been impressed with the olight so far, but haven't given it enough of a shake out to be sure I want more.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/23/20
One of the biggest differentiators on pistol lights is the way the switch operates. A TLR-1 works differently than a TLR-7A which is also different than a Surefire X300 which is also different than an O-Light. If you can get somewhere you can try out the various mechanisms you might find one really suits you better than the others.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/23/20
I have a Streamlight now, but looking at an Olight for a replacement.
Originally Posted by RickBin
I chose the Streamlight TLR8 AG.

Fits like it was made specifically for the G19.

From their website:

500 lumens, green laser. I like it.

Question for you, if I unmounted the light, then remounted it, does the laser stay sighted in?
Posted By: RickBin Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/24/20
Haven't tried. When our ranges go hot again, I'll give it a whirly and see what happens.
Originally Posted by RickBin
Haven't tried. When our ranges go hot again, I'll give it a whirly and see what happens.

Thanks.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/26/20
Supposed to...Never had a problem so far...
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Glock 19 weapon light? - 06/30/20
I usually use Surefire X300/300U or a Streamlight TLR model but recently got a Olight Pl-2 Mini and can see myself buying more. These are awesome little lights and love not having to keep up with batteries, just charge it every once in a while.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]P320C by .com/photos/wareagle700/]X Ring, on [bleep]
© 24hourcampfire