Home
Posted By: jds44 Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/07/20
I think I've finally found a set of grips I'm happy with for my 2017 Colt Cobra. The grip frame is just different enough from the Detective Special that DS grips don't fit. Altamont and VZgrips both make grips for the new Cobra, but neither fit my hand just right. Hogue recently started making their wood grips for the Cobra, so I ordered a set in Coco Bolo. These may just work!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/07/20
Beautiful revolver and grips. I have a Magnum Carry with the original Hogue grips on it.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/07/20
I like those a lot. Please let us know how they handle in live fire,
Originally Posted by jds44
I think I've finally found a set of grips I'm happy with for my 2017 Colt Cobra. The grip frame is just different enough from the Detective Special that DS grips don't fit. Altamont and VZgrips both make grips for the new Cobra, but neither fit my hand just right. Hogue recently started making their wood grips for the Cobra, so I ordered a set in Coco Bolo. These may just work!

Like. Beautiful.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/08/20
Very nice.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/08/20
I like those grips. Does the grip on your Cobra match the grip configuration of the Detective specials? Mine are early 70
's guns.
Posted By: jds44 Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I like those grips. Does the grip on your Cobra match the grip configuration of the Detective specials? Mine are early 70
's guns.

No, the grip frame on the new Cobra is just different enough from the Detective Special that the grips don't interchange (I tried it with several sets of DS grips I had on hand). Hogue makes those style grips for both the older Detective Specials and the newer Cobras though.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Colt Cobra new shoes - 07/08/20
Thanks
© 24hourcampfire