Home
Posted By: Cruiser1 Antique Derringer - 07/10/20
Ended up with this in a lot I bought at an estate sale, anything? Repro? Thanks
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
https://i.postimg.cc/66j8FwXG/fullsizeoutput-1d28.jpg
Posted By: Stophel Re: Antique Derringer - 07/11/20
I'm thinking it's relatively modern (like 50's-60's), but hard to say. Kinda cool, though.

Actually, I'm seeing a lot of Belgian mid 19th century pistols that look very much like this one.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Antique Derringer - 07/11/20
The trigger is functional and there is a number "6" stamped underneath in front of the trigger guard and on the barrel. Overall length is 6.75" and barrel is 2.75"
Posted By: night_owl Re: Antique Derringer - 07/12/20
Looks fake to me. If you fire it, use a long string.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Antique Derringer - 07/12/20
They were a cheap gun manufactured in the 1850's and probably before, maybe later. I've never known the manufacturer. A personal defense gun of the day, but not a derringer. The Steamboat Arabia sunk in 1856 in the middle of the Missouri River north of Kansas City, after hitting a snag. It was headed to Montana and among its cargo was an entire hardware store to be built up there. A bunch of these guns were among the stuff dug up by some enterprising guys and now displayed in the Steamship Arabia Museum in Kansas City. I believe they have been replicated so...There is a good chance that is an old one though. I think they made a ton of them.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Antique Derringer - 07/12/20
Have found similar pics of these percussion pistols as "boot pistols", but have not found an exact match. Thanks
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Antique Derringer - 07/14/20
I found this 19th Century 60 Bore Boxlock Percussion Pistol. with walnut stock, chased action and trigger guard,
the twist-off octagon barrel, inscribed "Towl Boston L17cm' ~ Sold For f.150.

[/b] <> https://www.davidduggleby.com/files/images/auctions/798/2206-listing-thumb-1800.jpg <> [b]

Not exactly your 'model' but could be a 'relative'.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Antique Derringer - 07/14/20
Thanks PW, that is similar. I have looked at hundreds of images; and yet to find an exact match. Wondering if the stamped "6" would be the build sequence number?
© 24hourcampfire