Home
Posted By: acy IWB holster cant question - 08/14/20
I am going to try an IWB kydex for my glock 19 gen 2. I intend to carry between 3 and 4 o'clock. I see some holsters with neutral cant and a claw, and some with a fixed or adjustable cant. My initial thought was about a 10 degree cant, but I can see where a claw would help pull the grip in tighter to the body. Haven't seen one with a cant and claw (difficult to have claw lined up right with the belt clip if clip is canted?) Currently carrying in an OWB Safariland leather with forward cant at 4 o'clock. Looking at an ANR Design right now. Thoughts and experiences? Thanks, Al
Posted By: deflave Re: IWB holster cant question - 08/14/20
I would want some level of can’t if carrying at the 4 but zero can’t would be fine at the 3.

I would pass on anything adjustable.

Not sure what you mean by a claw.
Posted By: acy Re: IWB holster cant question - 08/14/20
The claw is a piece that attaches to the holster below the trigger guard and extends up even with the belt clip, about a half inch from the holster shell. When you tighten your belt, that claw is pulled in tight and causes the grip to pull in tighter. I'm seeing it mainly with IWB set up for appendix carry on around to 4 o'clock. I should probably learn how to post pictures some day.
I think I'm going to get a 10 degree cant and give it a try.
Posted By: dla Re: IWB holster cant question - 08/14/20
Originally Posted by acy
I am going to try an IWB kydex for my glock 19 gen 2. I intend to carry between 3 and 4 o'clock. I see some holsters with neutral cant and a claw, and some with a fixed or adjustable cant. My initial thought was about a 10 degree cant, but I can see where a claw would help pull the grip in tighter to the body. Haven't seen one with a cant and claw (difficult to have claw lined up right with the belt clip if clip is canted?) Currently carrying in an OWB Safariland leather with forward cant at 4 o'clock. Looking at an ANR Design right now. Thoughts and experiences? Thanks, Al

I found that a little cant helped with stopping the pistol from "standing up" when I sit down.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: IWB holster cant question - 08/14/20
Try a RM Lowrider IWB.
© 24hourcampfire