Home
Found these rat-holed away in the catacombs this morning. Knew I had them, but hadn't reached that far back in a while. smile

A gentleman gave me a box of these as a gift many years ago for helping him with his book on WWII with some of the notes my Dad kept during his vacation across Europe with Patton. The box also had a few other mags marked "Colt .45 AUTO".

Curious to see how they run in my 1918 Colt I picked up a few months ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like Fun Times!
Amazing, the stuff we have squirreled away
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Amazing, the stuff we have squirreled away

It is, Sam.. I loaded these with ball ammo with the intent to shoot them at the range. Had to have been at least 10 years ago.
like the surprise at finding 50 rounds of 20 GA #3 Buck tucked away in a box. Bought them in 1995. Some of the yellow hulls have discolored, but they still work.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
like the surprise at finding 50 rounds of 20 GA #3 Buck tucked away in a box. Bought them in 1995. Some of the yellow hulls have discolored, but they still work.

#3 buckshot? I must admit that I do not recall ever hearing of such. I guess it makes sense as there is #4, #1, 0, and 00. I suppose there is also a # 2 as well? Learn something new all the time.
Same sort of thing happened to me recently. I knew I had a .30 ammo box filled with FA .30 Match ammo left over from my last go-around with a Garand. Darned if I could find them in order to feed the new one. Time went by and last week there it was- setting buried under a pile of MEC shotshells presses and hulls and wads that I haven't touched since Christ was a corporal.
© 24hourcampfire