Home
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Another CMP 1911 sale - 11/20/20
https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-sales-information/
I bought a Service Grade CMP 1911 in the first go-round. It is a very nice pistol that shoots extremely well. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. If you are thinking about getting one, I say, go for the gusto.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Another CMP 1911 sale - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I bought a Service Grade CMP 1911 in the first go-round. It is a very nice pistol that shoots extremely well. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. If you are thinking about getting one, I say, go for the gusto.

[Linked Image]

Saw a young lady pick one up at LGS that looked almost exactly like that one. She had done all the research herself to get one and knew plenty about the history of the gun and the program. I was impressed.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Another CMP 1911 sale - 11/23/20
They're kinda expensive for the condition they're describing, aren't they? Seems like it would be better to just purchase a brand new Colt.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Another CMP 1911 sale - 11/23/20
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby

[Linked Image]

Same here. Mine was made about the time my father would've been issued the one he carried during his time in the Pacific theater WWII. Every time I pick it up it reminds me of his service.
Yeah you can buy a new made 1911 for less, but it won't be a genuine service issue direct from the Army to you. To some, me included, owning a real piece of history adds much value.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire