Home
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
Build a full-size single stack 10mm/45 based loosely on the G37. I saw the Gen5 G22 will have a slightly beefier slide. Could a combo of this and a grip with more room fore/aft to accommodate the 10mm work? It would open the door for 10mm in a less brick-ish gun. 10+1 10mm the same size as a G22 would be neat....
Posted By: WTM45 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
A .40 in the size of a G48 would be killer.
Originally Posted by WTM45

Maybe on both ends!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
I wish Glock would bring the price of their pistols down to where they belong.

Everybody and their dog is producing high quality polymer framed auto pistols these days and pricing them from $200 less than a Glock to half the price of a Glock.

I don't see how Glock is keeping market share these days. I think the new Palmetto State Armory's $300 9mm pistol is going to force Glock to be realistic about their pricing from now on.

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2020/05/18/palmetto-state-ps9-dagger-glock-clone/
Posted By: UPhiker Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Everybody and their dog is producing high quality polymer framed auto pistols these days and pricing them from $200 less than a Glock to half the price of a Glock.

I don't see how Glock is keeping market share these days. I think the new Palmetto State Armory's $300 9mm pistol is going to force Glock to be realistic about their pricing from now on.

Huh? Glocks are the same price range +/- $20 as M&Ps and P320s, their main competitors. Once you add in the 2-4 extra mags everyone buys, they're cheaper.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Huh? Glocks are the same price range +/- $20 as M&Ps and P320s, their main competitors.

They're going to get some new main competitors.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Maybe on both ends!

LOL. Yep.
Posted By: Slavek Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
Build a full-size single stack 10mm/45 based loosely on the G37. I saw the Gen5 G22 will have a slightly beefier slide. Could a combo of this and a grip with more room fore/aft to accommodate the 10mm work? It would open the door for 10mm in a less brick-ish gun. 10+1 10mm the same size as a G22 would be neat....

The difference in width would be only about 5mm. To make it less brick-ish load fewer cartridges into the magazine.
Posted By: shootem Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/22/20
A M19 and M17 sized 9mm/.40, SAO with a metal 1911 style safety. Exposed hammer or enclosed hammer with grip safety.
Originally Posted by Slavek

The difference in width would be only about 5mm. To make it less brick-ish load fewer cartridges into the magazine.

Its the dimensions of the G20/G21 that make it feel like a brick, not the weight. The M&P series sacrifices a few cartridges to keep the M&P45 the same general size as the M&P9/40. I wish Glock would do the same.
Posted By: alukban Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/23/20
I want an MOS rimfire the size of a G42.
Posted By: persiandog Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/23/20
making revolvers
Posted By: UPhiker Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/23/20
The M&P series sacrifices a few cartridges to keep the M&P45 the same general size as the M&P9/40. I wish Glock would do the same.
Good point.
Posted By: Slavek Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/23/20
Originally Posted by persiandog
making revolvers

+1. I would like to see modern quality top break revolver like IZHMEKH MP-412 in .38 Magnum.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20
Originally Posted by alukban
I want an MOS rimfire the size of a G42.

I was going to post that I really don’t care what Glock does at this point, but I could get interested in that.
Originally Posted by persiandog
making revolvers

A square revolver....
Posted By: smallfry Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20
Make the 23 in MOS
Posted By: night_owl Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20
Make something besides a knife and 50 different "models" of exact same pistol.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20

Its the dimensions of the G20/G21 that make it feel like a brick, not the weight. The M&P series sacrifices a few cartridges to keep the M&P45 the same general size as the M&P9/40. I wish Glock would do the same.

Make a Glock your own. Just have to do it.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Fits like a 19 or 17 without finger grooves. Will torque a bit with hardcast 200's moving out of a KKM barrel.
Posted By: clos Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20
What is your load info with the 200gr HC?
Posted By: Slavek Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/24/20
Originally Posted by night_owl

Please, you are going to make Glock guys mad. They actually believe that each generation is different pistol. I do admit the Gen V .40 have improved heaver slide for better performance. I could go for one of them new G27s. smirk
Posted By: deflave Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/25/20

Please, you are going to make Glock guys mad. They actually believe that each generation is different pistol. I do admit the Gen V .40 have improved heaver slide for better performance. I could go for one of them new G27s. smirk

Here comes another no-shooting dumb fugk that likes to opine about all things shooting.

Because you're gonna rush out and buy it.

Right?

No thank you.
Posted By: viking Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/25/20

Ah the entrenching tool?
Posted By: 79S Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/25/20

The GEN 5 are absolutely different from the GEN 4’s.. You better fix your Google translator..

Single stack 10mm uh no
Originally Posted by shootem
A M19 and M17 sized 9mm/.40, SAO with a metal 1911 style safety. Exposed hammer or enclosed hammer with grip safety.

So a 1911?? Leave papa design in the safe..
Posted By: JRS3 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/25/20
Single Stack 10mm & 45

MOS on the .22 cal
Posted By: viking Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/28/20
https://youtu.be/L5wUzKVaj-o

I don’t recall this attempt at crossing a Glock with a 1911. Kinda interesting.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
I despise politics. Do hope PSA gets the dagr9@$300.00 available tomorrow. When Geelock loses market share to Psa it'll drop the price. I still think politics politicians and all that crowd needs a swift kick in the crotch and other bad acts of abnormality. All politicians are terrible horrible people.
Posted By: Slavek Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
I despise politics. Do hope PSA gets the dagr9@$300.00 available tomorrow. When Geelock loses market share to Psa it'll drop the price. I still think politics politicians and all that crowd needs a swift kick in the crotch and other bad acts of abnormality. All politicians are terrible horrible people.

I know how you feel. Waiting patiently for the TM9 pistol. It is military pistol for half price of Glock and I have never owned anything made in Crna Gora, sounds scary! crazy When this pandemic is over I am going to need something to shoot a lot at the gun range. smirk
Posted By: deflave Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Maybe on both ends!

LOL. Yep.

I shot a 90 round course of fire with my Shield in .40 S&W once.

Ouch.

Ironically, that was the original concept of all of Gaston's products.

But when they were building Glock USA their marketing team explained that low price = junk in the minds of American gun buyers. They jacked the prices accordingly for PRIVATE sales.

To this day their pricing for big contracts is practically unbeatable. This was done by design and it worked/works.

Originally Posted by Daverageguy

This is one of the most entertaining books a gun nut can read:

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Americas-Paul-M-Barrett/dp/0307719952
Originally Posted by smallfry
Make the 23 in MOS

Handled a gen 5 G23 MOS yesterday
I wish Glock would...

...put a manually operated thumb safety on its pistols.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I wish Glock would...

Tits , on a boar hog
Posted By: jimmyp Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
come up with a better trigger.
Originally Posted by jmd025
I wish Glock would...

Tits , on a boar hog

Yeah but fewer people would shoot themselves when holstering. Not a great design in that regard in my opinion
Posted By: jmd025 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by jmd025
I wish Glock would...

Tits , on a boar hog

Yeah but fewer people would shoot themselves when holstering. Not a great design in that regard in my opinion

Shooting yourself when holstering is not a glock issue , it’s a Darwinian issue
A lot of people have shot themselves with them. I personally won’t holster one with a round chambered when wearing the holster. Holster off my body, holster the gun, put holster on or holster with an empty chamber, which is what I do when carrying one for deer, pigs, rattlesnakes, etc.

It makes me really nervous to point a loaded gun with a relatively short, five-pound trigger at my body and holster It when something like loose clothing could set it off. Maybe that’s the Darwinian thing you reference?

I personally think they could be designed better to accommodate holstering. Maybe one of those devices that go on back of the slide to keep the firing pin from coming back would be helpful.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
I hate safety's, they will get you killed. A 9mm glock with a 3 pound trigger like a good 1911 would be perfect for me. A glock with a grip frame and size close to the G17 that held a single stack of 45's and the 3 pound trigger would be even better. 1911's are nice to show your friends I don't own anymore of them, they often don't work as they should work.
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/29/20
I looked at a 10mm glock and with my stubby hands short fingers I could not get a good grip on it. Then I tried an XDM hay I can hold it and reach the trigger. I have not regretted it.
I also have a Glock 41 that I put a 6 inch KKM Percision barrel in so I can shoot 45 super with a fully supported chamber. Plus a 24# spring and now it throws a 250 gr. Hard cast at 1200 fps.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: I wish Glock would.... - 11/30/20
Put a 26 slide on a 19 frame.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/02/20
A 22 lr g48.
A lot of people have shot themselves with them. I personally won’t holster one with a round chambered when wearing the holster. Holster off my body, holster the gun, put holster on or holster with an empty chamber, which is what I do when carrying one for deer, pigs, rattlesnakes, etc.

It makes me really nervous to point a loaded gun
with a relatively short, five-pound trigger at my body and holster It when something like loose clothing could set it off. Maybe that’s the Darwinian thing you reference?

I personally think they could be designed better to accommodate holstering. Maybe one of those devices that go on back of the slide to keep the firing pin from coming back would be helpful.

In reference to the first part I highlighted in bold; It should make you nervous to point a loaded gun at yourself. In general, it is not recommended, and if you are doing it when holstering your firearm, you have some issues with both training and equipment that need worked out. I am not being sarcastic, I am being dead serious.

I wear a Glock 17 most days, shown here, in this holster, and it does not point at my body.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here is a pic of a 1911 holster, You can see that the holster does not point at the body.

Same here, the holsters don't point at the body.

Now in regards to the second part, about a device, there is one. It blocks the striker. You place your thumb on the back of the slide. The striker control device blocks the rearward motion of the striker, which blocks movement of the trigger bar and prevents the trigger from moving.

Here is a link.

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device

The device cannot replace proper weapons handling, however if it is something that you may find beneficial, you can build it into your re-holstering technique, as an added safety measure.

CHEERS!
Mac,

Is that Clint Smith? He was wearing those newish peepers when Mrs W and me were at urban precision rifle last month.

Makes him look distinguished.
Yes, That is Clint Smith. He came over for an invitational 50th anniversary shoot that was put on by the Milt Sparks company last year.

The other is Ken Hackathorn and I at Ken's. Good guys.

I took Urban Precision Rifle a few years back. Pretty good course. The Smiths have a nice facility. I hope they do well in light of all the political issues that are happening in Oregon at this time.
The corona lockdowns are killing their ability to hold classes

If anything takes them down, it’ll be cash flow.
Posted By: Slavek Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/04/20
I see, Amigos hope for whole lot. smirk The newest product is called the Glock 47. If I remember G45 frame with G17 length slide except I read standard 17 slide will not fit, still G17 hidden under new model name. sleep
Posted By: shootem Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/05/20
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by shootem

So a 1911?? Leave papa design in the safe..

No, not a 1911 by any means. A double stack frame & mag on a polymer chassis with a good single action trigger controlled by a manual safety. My preference would be a grip safety and enclosed hammer, but I'm not the engineer that'd have to design the thing and make it right.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/05/20
I wish Glock would make a safer gun. I've seen the photo of the Police officer's hand from a 40 S&W contact ND. The guy was going to clean the gun. We were shown that each year before handgun qualification. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/05/20
Again with the make it “safer for idiots who consistently muzzle themselves and others “ hahaha .
Posted By: viking Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/05/20
https://youtu.be/L5wUzKVaj-o

Glock meets 1911.
Posted By: TripleL05 Re: I wish Glock would.... - 12/11/20
5th gen 10mm for me
© 24hourcampfire