Home
Posted By: MtnBoomer Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
Think of grabbing one while I can. Nitron, SAS, WTF, not XL.

Night sights and 10 rounds.

Anything else same or smaller?

Buy this, sell Ruger LC9s, gain 3?
Posted By: NH Hunter Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21

I recently handled the sig 365 side by side with the hellcat. Went in thinking it would be the sig, but the hellcat came home. Grip was a better fit for my larger paws. I'd give a slight edge to the sigs trigger but the hellcat's is still fine.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck in your decision.
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

I recently handled the sig 365 side by side with the hellcat. Went in thinking it would be the sig, but the hellcat came home. Grip was a better fit for my larger paws. I'd give a slight edge to the sigs trigger but the hellcat's is still fine.

Yep. In my hands the 365 handles like crap. Hellcat's a real step up, but something in the G19 Class would be even better.
Posted By: kingston Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
The SAS is awkward. Get the regular one and buy an xl frame for it.

I have an XL and love it.

I'm going to get a second like the one I advised above.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
Anything but SAS. That sight is goofy as hell. Also, be aware some of the two-tone sold by Cabela's don't have night sights. Well worth the extra $50.00 to get NS.
^^^This^^^
Posted By: SS336 Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
Get it.
I got a XL last Thursday and Monday put 80 rounds of mixed factory ammo through it . It ran perfect and even 10” plates at 25 yards were fairly easy. It’s recoil is snappy but easily manageable. Night sights and optic ready for $600. Don’t see how you could go wrong.
Only problem for me was the 12 round magazines are hard to load. Finally got 12 in and they are sitting on my bench till it gets shot again, hopefully they will get easier.
If you like the grip and it feels good to you, get it.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
Ok, I'll check a Hellcat, but, recall the 365 feeling good. Goodness, nobody has suggested a 1911 yet? LOL
I wish you luck in finding one. Top selling handgun the last two years and harder than hell to find right now.
Hey, and thanks for the tips guys. Much appreciated. They're sure proud of these little fuuckers.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I wish you luck in finding one. Top selling handgun the last two years and harder than hell to find right now.

Both I can get right now if you would help me decide which one! LOL
Good deal. I haven't seen one around here for a loooong time.
OK, the Hellcat I can get is the micro 10-shot version, or optics cut 11-shot. I think the Sig.
Manual Safety?
Only if it's a deal. They can be removed.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
OK, the Hellcat I can get is the micro 10-shot version, or optics cut 11-shot. I think the Sig.

I think the hellcat is 11+1 or 13+1.

AH, I see they just introduced the 10 round version. Will it accommodate the 13 round mags?
Is the pinky extension on the 10 round mags enough to get a proper grip when you need it quickly?

10+1 is less than 12 rounds. 13+1 is more than 12.
13x3 +1 is 40 rounds. That's not a bad place to be.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
Manual Safety?

Never.
Get a couple of 12 round mags and you're set.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Seems there's two main versions of the Hellcat. One called the micro-compact says 10+1. But I think Sig is my choice from here.
Leaning towards a safety! LOL

Seems there's two main versions of the Hellcat. One called the micro-compact says 10+1. But I think Sig is my choice from here.

They do make 15 round mags for the 365.

AH, I see they just introduced the 10 round version. Will it accommodate the 13 round mags?
Is the pinky extension on the 10 round mags enough to get a proper grip when you need it quickly?

10+1 is less than 12 rounds. 13+1 is more than 12.
13x3 +1 is 40 rounds. That's not a bad place to be.

There's a deal at PSA for the Sig P365 MS and 3) 12 rounders for $650... But, that's not my hot lead...
Layaway baby. P365 MS for the suspender carry Moro drill.... Going to have to be the hottest I can go with W231 and the 115 HP on hand. Ancient Rem 1 1/2s.

Thanks dudes.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21
And just because it has a safety doesn’t mean you have to use it.
My 365 is accurate as hell, and it seems like every review I’ve read confirms the same.
If you have any interest in a red dot, the XL has an optics cut from the factory.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/11/21

Nevermind. You just missed the boat, anyway.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/12/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Thanks? Specific deal I was looking at...
Posted By: deflave Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/12/21

That one.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

That might give him an opportunity to contemplate the reason for his upgrade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbehsFbv6XA&ab_channel=ThunderRanch

Posted By: 10at6 Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/12/21
LOL
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/12/21
You fuggers! 😜
I like the standard slide on a XL grip.

Plus add the straight trigger.

Tactical.dev makes some nice mag ext. adds length, not capacity.

JT Holsters makes some nice kydex holsters for it.

Braids leather makes nice leather for,it.
Osage county guns is about the cheapest place off parts / accessories.

Except for mags. Academy has 12rd for $40.
Posted By: CoalCracker Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/15/21
Originally Posted by SS336

Only problem for me was the 12 round magazines are hard to load. Finally got 12 in and they are sitting on my bench till it gets shot again, hopefully they will get easier.

An Uplula magazine loader could be the best $25 you ever spent.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/15/21
Your right there, CoalCracker. 👍 I have a couple, couldn’t load the magazines without it. Even 1911 mags can be tough after a few reloads
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/15/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I like the standard slide on a XL grip.

Plus add the straight trigger.

Tactical.dev makes some nice mag ext. adds length, not capacity.

JT Holsters makes some nice kydex holsters for it.

Braids leather makes nice leather for,it.

Just get an XL and be done with it. Better yet, get 2. Who knows what these communists have in store. The XL shoots extremely well for me. Stock night sights. If you can still get the 15 rd mags for $40 like Dave says, do it. They are not all that easy to come by. I bought them as I could find them and now have 12-15. I saw vendors selling them for $60-65 yesterday at the gun show.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: SS336 Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/15/21
Just bought a 12 and 15 round P365 magazine at JoeBob’s yesterday for just under $45 yesterday. Like Dirt said now is the time.
I’ve seen the mags in store ( academy).

Not sure what the website shows in stock.

Also the cheaper brand. ( mag pro ?) for like $25.

Passed on those. Don’t seem to get the best reviews.

I agree on getting the xL over the standard.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/18/21
XL fits me the best, seems like it'd be a great shooter. Hickok 45 likes the std. - I believe b/c it will fit in his pocket.......

Anyone using CC with XL - are you IWB or Appendix or ?
I gave my son my 365 for his 21st birthday and bought the SAS. It’s still NIB because I bought a XL and it’s been in my crossbreed holster ever since.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/18/21
https://www.scopelist.com//Sig-Sauer-P365-9mm-Subcompact-15-Rd-Magazine-MAG-365-9-15.aspx
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/18/21
Local dirt that link shows up but it doesn’t let you do anything with it?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/18/21
HeavyLoad, I don't know what's happening on your end, but I just added one to my cart and then removed it without a problem.

Maybe try again?

https://www.scopelist.com//Sig-Sauer-P365-9mm-Subcompact-15-Rd-Magazine-MAG-365-9-15.aspx

PS- Did a little checking around while I was at it on gun.deals using the UPC - 798681616886.

These 3 also had them in stock, and at a slightly better price.

Farnsworth Firearms
$38.27
Flat $10 Shipping - Unlimited Products

Osage County Guns
$39.99
$8.50 for 1 or 2, Free shipping on 3+. Sig accessory orders over $100 ship for free
Eurooptic
$39.99
Fierarms $9.99
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/18/21
I have a Sig P365 and really enjoy it with the extended magazine. I am amazed at the accuracy of this little pistol. I am now in the market for that P365XL as it seems to be about perfect for my needs as an off duty pistol. I a, contemplating a Glock 48 because there are aftermarket 15 round magazines, of course they are back ordered.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/19/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Manual Safety?

Never.
Get a couple of 12 round mags and you're set.

I only buy handguns with manual safeties if a model is available. You're going to carry it 99.99999% of the time inserting and drawing your handgun out of the holster for cleaning, strapping on the holster or whatever without ever presenting it to actually fire it in whatever reason. Does anybody take the safeties off their AR15, they have a two stage trigger that is probably as safe as a handgun trigger without a safety. No body complains of not being able to remember to take a long gun safety off before firing. Does that reaction just go away when switching to a handgun? If you can't train or condition yourself to use a manual safety, you probably shouldn't be carrying one without one either. I've got a 365XL with manual safety and carry it everyday. By the way, the 365 has a light trigger pull compared to a lot of other pistols. The 365 has a large safety that stays on when holstered and removing from holster and is actually very intuitive to disengage compared to a lot of other small handguns, sized and located similar to 1911 pistol.
MtnBoomer,

Did finally buy something?

If so, how about the details?
Posted By: 65BR Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/20/21
I hear you Chucky. But also read in a SD scenario many forget to take the safety off. If one has to draw, it’s another possible issue.

Like Hickok45 says, he’d never pocket carry without a holster of sorts.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by 65BR
I hear you Chucky. But also read in a SD scenario many forget to take the safety off. If one has to draw, it’s another possible issue.

Like Hickok45 says, he’d never pocket carry without a holster of sorts.

If any of these cases of forgetting to disengage safety in such a case is true and not here say, than the people who got themselves into this scenario didn't bother to take the time to learn and familiarize themselves with the very thing they bought to protect their lives with. Again, these people should really rethink the position if they should be carrying a "hot" handgun if not willing to take the time to learn to use it. With that being said, I respect every handgun owner to make their own choice in regard to a manual safety, just not buying into the reasoning sometimes.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/20/21
I get your point.........no safeties on all the revolvers carried over the years. It's a personal choice.

Not hearing any reports of AD's but sure they have them with all firearms. Safety is a priority, whether carrying, or in needing it in a crisis.
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

Yep. In my hands the 365 handles like crap. Hellcat's a real step up, but something in the G19 Class would be even better.

Yep, I'd get the XL personally. Maybe the op has girl hands though?...
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/20/21
I get your point.........no safeties on all the revolvers carried over the years. It's a personal choice.

Not hearing any reports of AD's but sure they have them with all firearms. Safety is a priority, whether carrying, or in needing it in a crisis.

Agree with personal choice. None of my revolvers have a double action trigger pull near as light as the Sig 365 has. I always thought I would like a Kahr handgun, but was always leery of the light trigger pull and no manual safety. That Kahr trigger will better a lot of single action revolver triggers. Damn nice handguns. And I agree with getting the 365XL model. If you're going to use the 12 round magazines, might as well get the 12 round seamless grip. The extra 1/2" or so on the slide length helps with sight alignment and "pointing" with these smaller handguns.
Posted By: pullit Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/22/21
Well i drank the cool-aid and got a 365XL.
I hope to get it out this week and see if it is all I hope it will be. I would like it to replace my Shield as my EDC for no other reason than round count in the mag.
What type of real world accuracy are you guys seeing out of yours at say 10 yards?
Thanks
Ok, I'll check a Hellcat, but, recall the 365 feeling good. Goodness, nobody has suggested a 1911 yet? LOL

I also went to buy a 365XL and came home with a Hellcat..
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/22/21
Originally Posted by pullit
Well i drank the cool-aid and got a 365XL.
I hope to get it out this week and see if it is all I hope it will be. I would like it to replace my Shield as my EDC for no other reason than round count in the mag.
What type of real world accuracy are you guys seeing out of yours at say 10 yards?
Thanks

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thanks, like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I hope I can repeat your results.
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/22/21

I like my Sig 365 MS, I shoot it very well with the 12 round magazine. I have a Hellcat,it doesn't feel as good in my hands. I really like the safety because I carry it in a pocket with no holster.

I would not carry a Hellcat or Glock that way.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/22/21
Originally Posted by pullit
Thanks, like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I hope I can repeat your results.

pullit, I know you can.

I am no pistolero. But, this gun shoots very well for me.
at 10 yards I put 11 rounds in about 1/3 of a paper plate size group.
When I come up with the pistol and I get my eyes locked on the front site, I have to tilt my wrist down to get the back sites to level up.
Not sure what to do about that.
I tried quick shooting at 7 yards and only got 1 of 5 shots to land on the paper plate. Reloaded 5 more and tried it again. This time I took the extra time to level the sites, shot them as fast as I could (about 1 second or a hair less per shot) but as soon as the leveled site hit the dot, let it go. Every one landed just a hair low of the dot.
Guess I am going to have to work to get use to the grip angle
Posted By: 65BR Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
[quote=65BR] Agree with personal choice. None of my revolvers have a double action trigger pull near as light as the Sig 365 has. I always thought I would like a Kahr handgun, but was always leery of the light trigger pull and no manual safety. That Kahr trigger will better a lot of single action revolver triggers. Damn nice handguns. And I agree with getting the 365XL model. If you're going to use the 12 round magazines, might as well get the 12 round seamless grip. The extra 1/2" or so on the slide length helps with sight alignment and "pointing" with these smaller handguns.

Before reading this post, I was thinking about the CW9........pull is a bit stout, but very smooth and I shoot it very well. Definitely one to feel at easy without a safety, though I would highly recommend anyone use some type of holster for any carry piece, to minimize Murphy's Law causing an accidental discharge.
I like the cw9.

Shoots well. I’ve shot brass, aluminum, steel case thru mine.

But it’s hamstrung by the low round mags.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 02/24/21
Dave, I agree. I am amazed when I shoot it just how well I hit with it, and at good distances. Shoots like a longer barreled larger gun, vs others I have shot. Hits where aiming, consistently, and been 100% reliable.

Not that I have ever shot the defense style semi auto centerfires as accurate as I have various quality revolvers. I just keep in mind the application at hand, and they do many things well. I'd recommend an 8 round back up mag, IIRC, they come with 7rd mags.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/03/21
This one:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/04/21
The HS507k is a nice fit on a small handgun. I'm new to red dots on handguns though, so going to have to run it through the paces before making a final determination. Also need to find a holster. I like PJ and Tulster, but neither make what I want.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: coat4gun Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/04/21
XL fits me the best, seems like it'd be a great shooter. Hickok 45 likes the std. - I believe b/c it will fit in his pocket.......

Anyone using CC with XL - are you IWB or Appendix or ?

Carried a PM9 for years appendix. Been carrying the XL appendix for about 1.5 years and it is just about as comfortable and easy to conceal.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The HS507k is a nice fit on a small handgun. I'm new to red dots on handguns though, so going to have to run it through the paces before making a final determination. Also need to find a holster. I like PJ and Tulster, but neither make what I want.

For a cheap holster, this one has worked out before and after I got the optic. Sparks can do a SSII straight drop or a VMII for the gun with the optic mounted. I just ordered a VMII and started the 6 month wait.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: mini14jac Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/05/21
I wanted one I could pocket carry, or belt carry.

Went with the original P365.
10 round mags are great for pocket carry.
Very accurate, and handles great with 15 round mags.
Originally Posted by mini14jac

Yep. Love mine!
Posted By: Nollij Re: Quick, which Sig P365? - 03/05/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by mini14jac

Yep. Love mine!

Another happy owner here.
© 24hourcampfire