Home
Lipsey's special, blued GP100 with a 4.2" barrel. 500 to be made with serial number JQ-000 through JQ-500.

Not to disrespect Jeff's memory but why couldn't Ruger have made a half lug, round barrel, 4.2" version like this in SS and blued, in all of their various calibers, starting in 1986?

Link to website

[Linked Image from ruger.com]
Pretty awesome.
Nice video by Boge on Gun Blast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm7uhpd3H0&feature=youtu.be
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That would make a nice 10mm/40 S&W revolver, too.
Ohhhh...nice!
What a great memorial for a great guy.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Not to disrespect Jeff's memory but why couldn't Ruger have made a half lug, round barrel, 4.2" version like this in SS and blued, in all of their various calibers, starting in 1986?

They were going after the big seller at the time, the 586/686. You have to look like the competition.
Is it a five shooter?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is it a five shooter?

Yes.
No offense to Jeff Quinn. I was a fan, but I'll stick with my Charter Arms Bulldog .44, which is a lot lighter than the Ruger, and just a hair larger in proportion than a Colt Detective Special .38.

[Linked Image]
If you actually took that thing out and shot it you'd soon wish you had the Ruger!!!

Mike
I would take one of those Rugers in a heartbeat. Nice wheelgun!
Les
i think its fantastic
Originally Posted by huntinaz
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No offense to Jeff Quinn. I was a fan, but I'll stick with my Charter Arms Bulldog .44, which is a lot lighter than the Ruger, and just a hair larger in proportion than a Colt Detective Special .38.

[Linked Image]

Shootablity.

It's a thing.
Originally Posted by deflave

Shootablity.

It's a thing.

Can't deny that.
I think that it's cool that they did that.
I had no idea who Jeff Quinn was before I saw this thread and investigated....but I sure like that revolver.
Originally Posted by SargeMO

I have the Lipseys 5” half lug in 10mm and it’s awesome, love it. Loading Rimrock 220gr hard cast to 1200 fps, good stuff

I wish I’d bought the 44 special version too. Now they are scarce and around $1200+
Seems like everything is about $1200 bucks these days.
I paid closer to $700 when they were stocked
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by SargeMO

I have the Lipseys 5” half lug in 10mm and it’s awesome, love it. Loading Rimrock 220gr hard cast to 1200 fps, good stuff

I wish I’d bought the 44 special version too. Now they are scarce and around $1200+

All those Lipsey specials were bad azz. I kick myself for not pulling the trigger on the 327 version a couple years ago.
Placed an order and in the week or so it took the dealer to call back I talked myself out of it. Bought a stupid shotgun instead.

Nice pistols.
I think I bought my 10mm Match Target from CDNN for $600 a couple of years ago? Nice shooter so far. My 44 Specials are early Smith N-frames and custom OM Ruger's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Seems like everything is about $1200 bucks these days.

In five years you will be looking back on those prices as the good old days when guns were affordable.
You are most likely right about that.
Would of preferred a 44 mag. I could then shoot either rounds in it.
Great trio of revolvers there, Ed.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Would of preferred a 44 mag. I could then shoot either rounds in it.

They would have to go to the Redhawk frame vs the GP100 frame to chamber the .44 mag resulting in a much bigger/bulkier gun. Matter of fact, it would probably look a lot like the 4.2'' .44 mag Redhawk that already exists. smile
Nice gun
Good guy

Hank
I got a text from my LGS that mine came in today. Slipped by and picked it up on the way home. Fit and finish is awesome, just need the range to dry out now, and give it a go.

Dandy little Ruger!

~Nathan
I had my local dealer order one for me and it is going to be $885.00 out the door.
I am waiting for FEDEX to deliver smile
I do enjoy 44 Special.

StarchedCover
That's a decent price in today's market. There are at least seven listed on gunbroker right now, the cheapest starting bid was $879 and it's sitting at $893 right now with $30 shipping, the rest all started bids at $900 or so with several bid up over $1000. Buy it now prices are all $1200 up to $1400.
I only have one 44 Special, that's all I need.
© 24hourcampfire